UK-Israel relations hit the rocks over Dubai assanation

Started by jimmy olsen, February 17, 2010, 08:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on February 18, 2010, 04:35:13 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 18, 2010, 04:32:12 PM
So go fuck yourself you miserable piece of shit retarded scum idiot who should have been aborted. :)

Stay classy Martinus.   :)

hmm... I think I may have said that exact phrase once or twice before...

"go fuck yourself you miserable piece of shit retarded scum idiot who should have been aborted"?  Yeah, once or twice, but not very often. :)

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on February 18, 2010, 04:36:25 PM
So go fuck yourself you miserable piece of shit retarded scum idiot who should have been aborted. :)

I am who I am. If I watched my tongue on an internet board full of strangers, where would I get my daily dose of rage relief?

:(

Martinus called me a stranger.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

:D

Ah, Languish.

Anyway ... to my mind the real issue is the morality of ordering assassinations in the first place, and in employing spies and assassins.

Can't see that as any worse that using drones to blow up specific folks your country does not like - something that both the UK and US does.

One you have decided using spies or assassins is okay, using false passports is a mere bagatelle. In the case of Israel, it's a necessity, as most Arab countries won't let folks in on an Israeli passport at all.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on February 18, 2010, 04:38:53 PM

I am who I am. If I watched my tongue on an internet board full of strangers, where would I get my daily dose of rage relief?

:(

Martinus called me a stranger.

You got off quite easy then.

And Marty, personally, your comment, -altough I did not care much, certainly not enough to comment- made me slightly sick because it is exactly the first reaction I could expect from my (on varying level) antisemite countrymen.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on February 18, 2010, 04:40:27 PM

Ah, Languish.

Anyway ... to my mind the real issue is the morality of ordering assassinations in the first place, and in employing spies and assassins.

Can't see that as any worse that using drones to blow up specific folks your country does not like - something that both the UK and US does.

One you have decided using spies or assassins is okay, using false passports is a mere bagatelle. In the case of Israel, it's a necessity, as most Arab countries won't let folks in on an Israeli passport at all.

You have to admit.  We do have our own unique charm.  Everyone might be throwing vicious racial slurs one moment and then jump on someone for being a racist the next.  I admit it can be a bit confusing for the observer.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Somehow let this thread get to 7 pages before I saw it.  "Assanation" + Marty's antisemitic rant = pure comedy gold.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Agelastus

Quote from: Malthus on February 18, 2010, 04:40:27 PM

Ah, Languish.

I wouldn't have given a damn if they used Russian passports, for example. I have no problem with Israel killing a member of Hamas (although I will probably be jumped upon for that.)

But Israel has promised in the past not to use our passports, and is also seenby us as something of an ally. What they have done (or appear to have done) is both impolite and offensive. You don't break promises or abuse an ally in this fashion.

Not to mention associating Britain with such an apparently sloppy operation is insulting.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Fate

Britain is not an ally, it is merely a tool. You're a fool to think the Jews believe otherwise.

Agelastus

Quote from: Fate on February 18, 2010, 05:29:49 PM
Britain is not an ally, it is merely a tool. You're a fool to think the Jews believe otherwise.

I said "seen by us as something of" not "is" - a perception that comes as much as anything from the current "us against them" attitude the Western world is adopting towards Islam.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maximus

Interesting you should be the one whining about hostility.

Malthus

Quote from: Agelastus on February 18, 2010, 05:09:52 PM
I wouldn't have given a damn if they used Russian passports, for example. I have no problem with Israel killing a member of Hamas (although I will probably be jumped upon for that.)

But Israel has promised in the past not to use our passports, and is also seenby us as something of an ally. What they have done (or appear to have done) is both impolite and offensive. You don't break promises or abuse an ally in this fashion.

Not to mention associating Britain with such an apparently sloppy operation is insulting.

Again, seems to me something of a bagatelle. Given that you later state that the "ally" status extends to the entire Western world, that would eliminate using pretty well any convincing false first-world papers - something that I assume most spies and assassins use.

Breaking promises is bad, in the same way that gentlemen do not read each other's mail. Gentlemen also do not use spies and assassins.

As for the sloppiness of the operation - none of the agents were caught and the guy was assassinated, without any innocents killed in the cross-fire. Things could be a whole lot sloppier.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius