Camerus

Man, that list was really depressing.   :hug:

Ed Anger

These kids and their impatient ways.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grallon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2013, 07:57:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2013, 07:56:25 PM
Why would you take an escalator when you want to climb stairs?

Because it's twice as fast.

Gods below - he does need to have everything pointed out does he!?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Man, josq is gonna be so disappointed when he sees all these replies and discovers half of them have nothing to do with the list.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

I did like the naivete inherent in

QuoteIf you're better than the teachers at something you deserve a A which you will get.

Lawl.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 07, 2013, 08:15:09 PM
Man, josq is gonna be so disappointed when he sees all these replies and discovers half of them have nothing to do with the list.  :lol:

But now we know mongers brushes his teeth in the kitchen.  You just can't buy that kind of intel.

garbon

I've no idea what to do with that information..
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2013, 08:25:33 PM
I've no idea what to do with that information..

Ankh's probably already on the secure line to Hansie to get black propaganda campaign started.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Lettow77

Tyr always seems a little depressed, and more than a little cynical.

Unfortunately, i'd think the genuine love of others, sustained over a long term, and the warmth of shared experience and a deep sense of trust is the best cure, but it isn't something you can readily obtain.

Still, I hope you end up feeling better, tyr. :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2013, 06:47:53 PM
You know, in his own viciously blunt Columbine way, Grallon does have a point:  staying with plans and schedules can lead to disappointment, and accelerate into be greater disappointment when they turn out to be unrealistic.
I'mma jus' sayin'.

No plan survives contact with the enemy.
and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

"Planning" is just the present progressive of "will fail."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

And that sounded a lot punchier before I went grammar nazi on it.
Kinemalogue

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on April 07, 2013, 09:58:22 PM

Well, the process of planning is actually crucial. It's just that the plan is usually a complete pile of ass.
and the horse you rode in on

11B4V

Quote from: fahdiz on April 07, 2013, 10:09:32 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 07, 2013, 09:58:22 PM

Well, the process of planning is actually crucial. It's just that the plan is usually a complete pile of ass.

Use the steps of MDMP. All will be well.

Basic steps:
Receipt of Mission
Mission Analysis
Course of action (COA) Development
COA Analysis (aka Wargaming)
COA Comparison
COA Approval
Orders Production
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".