News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Napoleon Total War

Started by Martim Silva, January 21, 2010, 07:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

Quote from: Tamas on January 23, 2010, 09:41:59 AM

I have Empires on Steam. Do you know if this will work if I buy Napoleon from somewhere other than Steam?

You mean if you steal it from somewhere else.  :P

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on January 23, 2010, 09:41:59 AM

I have Empires on Steam. Do you know if this will work if I buy Napoleon from somewhere other than Steam?

It should, as long as you already have Empires it should not matter where it came from.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

I don't get this, if it is a stand alone game why do you need empire?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on January 23, 2010, 04:24:35 PM
I don't get this, if it is a stand alone game

Where are you getting that idea from?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

frunk

Wait, so it's an expansion?

grumbler

Quote from: frunk on January 23, 2010, 07:19:13 PM
I is an expansion, but you don't need Empires to play it.  It is a stand-alone expansion.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Faeelin

I am really curious how they'll indicate Britain's superpower status. The map suggests that Britain will only have three provinces, so...

Lucidor

Quote from: Faeelin on January 24, 2010, 09:39:44 AM
I am really curious how they'll indicate Britain's superpower status. The map suggests that Britain will only have three provinces, so...
More DLC special units goodness!

Cecil

Quote from: Faeelin on January 24, 2010, 09:39:44 AM

Probably the same way they indicated FranceĀ“s superpower status in empire. By making it retardedly easy for the AI to conquer and remove in the first 10 turns.

sbr

Quote from: grumbler on January 23, 2010, 07:24:06 PM
Quote from: frunk on January 23, 2010, 07:19:13 PM
I is an expansion, but you don't need Empires to play it.  It is a stand-alone expansion.

I thought only Paradox did stand-alone expansions. :HOI2 Doomsday:  :huh:

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on January 25, 2010, 02:51:13 AM
I thought only Paradox did stand-alone expansions. :HOI2 Doomsday:  :huh:
Thinking was your first mistake...
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martim Silva

What about the 'drop-in' feature? Would it be interesting to go to the n00bs' games and pwn them, or then risk getting pwned yourself when playing the single player game?

Would it reduce a bit of the sillyness in Empires?

Rex Francorum

It is like Civ 4: Colonization. Expansion but standalone.
To rent

grumbler

Quote from: Rex Francorum on January 28, 2010, 09:58:10 PM
It is like Civ 4: Colonization. Expansion but standalone.
I think Duke Nukem: Forever is a better analogy.

Bayraktar!