News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sea Sheaperd

Started by Viking, January 06, 2010, 02:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

As you may have heard, Paul Watson's minions have accused a japanese whaler of ramming a ship which was trying to dump stuff to get in the propeller. This is from a group which proudly put bombs on ships.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Bluebook

Quote from: Viking on January 06, 2010, 02:48:02 PM
As you may have heard, Paul Watson's minions have accused a japanese whaler of ramming a ship which was trying to dump stuff to get in the propeller. This is from a group which proudly put bombs on ships.

I dont think many people would lose too much sleep if those whalers were sunk.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Bluebook on January 06, 2010, 03:02:02 PM

:rolleyes:

Admiral Yi

Whalers vs. Greenpeace is like the Iran-Iraq War.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2010, 03:16:10 PM

Only with whining and stinkbombs instead of human wave attacks and mustard gas.  Too bad really.  I could get behind some Japanese vs. Hippie ultra violence.  You'd think it would be one sided, but the Japs aren't the same as they used to be, and these hippies here are pretty militant (the Japanese would fuck them up and I'd laugh).

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Bluebook on January 06, 2010, 03:02:02 PM

Even so, I always root for the Japanese whenever I watch Whale Wars.  Watching those idiotic incompetent hippies is hilarious.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2010, 03:16:10 PM

The Seashepherd guys aren't Greenpeace, they hate each other.  Greenpeace just follows the whalers around with megaphones, banners, and their tears.  These guys throw stink bombs and attempt to foul the propellers of the whaling ships using speedboats that are trailing long ropes.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 06, 2010, 03:29:18 PM
  Watching those idiotic incompetent hippies is hilarious.

My inner Stephen Decatur laughs at their seamanship.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

Here's video of it.  You'd think with such a high tech ship they would get someone who could drive it.  Sea Shepwnd. 

http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/17481983

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 06, 2010, 03:37:36 PM
The Seashepherd guys aren't Greenpeace, they hate each other.  Greenpeace just follows the whalers around with megaphones, banners, and their tears.  These guys throw stink bombs and attempt to foul the propellers of the whaling ships using speedboats that are trailing long ropes.
I was thrown off by Puffin Boy's heterodox spelling.  :whistle:

Caliga

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 06, 2010, 03:37:36 PM
Dude, they do more than that... they've intentionally rammed ships and are even suspected of sinking ships with mines before IIRC.  I think they sunk a number of Spanish whaling vessels at one point.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

The funny thing is that some hippie millionaire donated that fast little ship this year, and they got it sunk almost immediately.

I only wish some of them had been killed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Is that spelled right?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Its really strange the Japanese still keep up whaling to such a degree they do. It seems almost as if its a national pride thing; since they're under such pressure from the hippies they have to keep doing it or else the hippies will say they've won.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on January 06, 2010, 07:07:10 PM
Its really strange the Japanese still keep up whaling to such a degree they do. It seems almost as if its a national pride thing; since they're under such pressure from the hippies they have to keep doing it or else the hippies will say they've won.
Why wouldn't they?  Is there any reason not to continue whaling?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.