News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 11, 2010, 02:54:42 PM
:lol:  Oh noes, the Russian army.  Scary.

Not scary at all, and I had no real intention of jumping in - what would I have done anyway?

Just thought it was funny that Tamas was all "OMG I MUST KEEP FRANCE STRONG!"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Well when I did that remark, the whole affair looked like a gangrape of France. Little did I know the incompetence of the Allied Powers :P

Anyways, the Ottomans are still true friends of France, but their status of near-hegemony in Europe, as of this moment, is clear.

What will be interesting to see, is how France will prevent his neighbors going against him all at once.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Berkut on April 11, 2010, 02:55:27 PM
I am cuious about something.

When I DOWed Portugal, they said they would give up both provinces in Siberia - a sensible position.

However, Spain talked them out of it - I know this because you guys fail at signals security, and I was on the chat list while you were talking.

However, shortly after that, both England and Spain took WP to get out of the war, leaving just Portugal.

So - why talk Portugal into staying in the fight if you were just going to bail anyway?

We were close to end of session + Katmai didn't want to give them up last Sol and I knew.  We told SBR to just wait and see what Katmai wanted to do. 

Putting that blame on me psh.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

Any power (even Portugal) + Austria could win a war against me at the moment, or even if they wait for my WE to go back down.  I simply don't have the manpower necessary to fight a huge war with Austria while duking it out with someone else.  I barely won the war with Austria and I think Kleves probably agrees with that.  The only reason I did triumph after so long was better generalship (which is mostly dead now) and much lower RR--by the very end, revolts were starting to tear chunks out of him.

I think that the Turks need to consider going to war with either Austria or Russia if they expect to do anything for the rest of this game.  Sitting on the sidelines isn't benefiting them in the least.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Quote from: Berkut on April 11, 2010, 02:55:27 PM
I am cuious about something.

When I DOWed Portugal, they said they would give up both provinces in Siberia - a sensible position.

However, Spain talked them out of it - I know this because you guys fail at signals security, and I was on the chat list while you were talking.

However, shortly after that, both England and Spain took WP to get out of the war, leaving just Portugal.

So - why talk Portugal into staying in the fight if you were just going to bail anyway?

Alci told me that katmai would not give those provinces up.  That is why I didn't just give them to you, FWIW.  I figured the end of session was close enough that I would let katmai negotiate with you if you wanted more than Deren.

That chat window kiced my ass today, I kept sending messages to the wrong people; sending those to you was the worst though.  :Embarrass:

Solmyr

Indeed, the warfare was quite fun and exciting. :)

Ottomans should probably be taking rich Persia instead of dirt-poor Ay-rabs? Especially as Ak Koyunlu helpfully Sunnified them for you.

Solmyr

Re. Portugal vs Russia, I was going to give my support, but rising WE was too much to deal with.

Habbaku

The regions of Persia that are open to him aren't all that valuable, though, are they?

He should have taken the Arabian Peninsula a long time ago.  The provinces there are almost all spices and coffee which are exceptionally valuable at this point of the game.  In addition, he's got similar culture group and the manpower in those provinces isn't pathetic by any means.

Regardless, he needs to get aggressive fast or be relegated to a worse state than Russia.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on April 11, 2010, 03:11:14 PM
Re. Portugal vs Russia, I was going to give my support, but rising WE was too much to deal with.

My 8,000 colonial army beating the crap out of your ~14,000 was amusing.  :)

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

From what I can see, central Persian provinces have pretty good tax base. Some of it is still under TI for me though.

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on April 11, 2010, 03:12:31 PM
My 8,000 colonial army beating the crap out of your ~14,000 was amusing.  :)

I have no army tradition and no leaders, and my manpower consists of three morris dancers and a Scottish drunk. :( So in the time-honored British tradition I mostly limit myself to beating the crap out of natives armed with vicious mangoes. :bowler:

sbr

Anyone have any thoughts about me turning Portugal into a Republic?  Alci seemed to think it was a bad idea and that kat would not like it.  For me it was a no-brainer.  Republics are better than Monarchies unless kat had a long term plan to diplo-annex Spain or was doing some role-playing.

Alcibiades

I just asked if it was any good, forget who said it was a terribly bad thing.  Everyone pointing fingers at me today, Gawd!  <_<
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Solmyr

I've been considering republic for Britain too, actually.

katmai

Sbr and all

thanks for playing Portugal, I'm stuck writig this from my iPhone 3g as my Internet has been down since last night.

Bitched out the provider to no avail.
And berkut i will crush your pathetic Cossack ass next weekend.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son