News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: katmai on January 05, 2010, 01:27:34 AM
I vassal to no one...alliance is a different matter.

As long as you recognize Imperial prerogatives in Italy, we should have no trouble. If the Visconti actually want to expand beyond just traditional Milanese lands, then the Habsburgs will need some kind of concessions to allow it.

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 05, 2010, 12:40:26 AM
Quote from: Slargos on January 04, 2010, 09:57:51 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 04, 2010, 09:48:31 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2010, 07:19:49 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 04, 2010, 06:13:45 AM
Kleves, wtf? Why did you help Tamas? If the Burgundians had him on the run, it was time for you to strike and cripple your main competitor right off the bat.

Bah, he has had much more lucrative provinces to grab from Burgundy.
They can be taken later. It's unlikely there will be another opportunity as good as that one to take out France.

Reducing france in the first session would essentially break the game apart, though.

I've never been a big fan of that kind of powergaming.

Ottomans can easily for instance drive into Siberia and cripple Russia while a less incompetent France can reduce Spain by fucking up the wars against Aragon. It just makes the game a clusterfuck.
What's wrong with a clusterfuck? You don't think the Lancasters would have taken advantage of France getting beaten to a pulp by the Burgundians? That at least is historically plausible, unlike Ottomans in Siberia.

What's wrong with a clusterfuck is that no one wants to play it.

What's the point of making a move that effectively gives you a free pass to pole position for the rest of the campaign?

I once managed to break an EU2 game by, IIRC, playing France first session and completely fucking up Spain and mainly Austria to the point where no one could effectively touch me even had they all tried at once. Guess what, there was no second session of that game.

katmai

So for this weekends sessions, we are all able to make it yes? and I guess makes sense to stick with Tamas hosting unless someone else can do a better job.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on January 08, 2010, 06:51:59 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 08, 2010, 06:50:32 AM
unless someone else can do a better job.

Impossible :P

and yes I am game

I mean it ran great for me, only complaint was sometimes it was too fast at lvl 3 speed when in a war :P

Slargos

I'm fine with playing at 2 actually, maybe it's because I'm getting old and slow, but 3 seems to be too fast for me.

Of course, I was more or less constantly at war, but still. In addition, the faster we go the more likely we are to see lag and sync problems so if everyone ran ok with 2...

In other news, it appears there are conflicting claims on whether the tab bug is fixed in the beta patch, and I guess we'll simply have to go ahead and try it.

I still think using steam is a good idea since it's also a good way to communicate pre-game and during eventual crashes etc.

Solmyr

3 was good for me, but that's because Austria doesn't have a lot to do right away. :P

Habbaku

I'll be there, though when are we starting exactly?  Do we want to try to start a little earlier, if possible?

I'm not sure what speed will be good for me.  With my level of infamy, I imagine I won't be fighting many wars, so a faster speed is fine.  When I start colonizing, though, I'll support a slower rate.  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on January 08, 2010, 07:07:26 PM
3 was good for me, but that's because Austria doesn't have a lot to do right away. :P

Beat up Aquilea and grab those Austrian provinces.  They have gold!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on January 08, 2010, 08:28:55 PM
I'll be there, though when are we starting exactly?  Do we want to try to start a little earlier, if possible?

I'm not sure what speed will be good for me.  With my level of infamy, I imagine I won't be fighting many wars, so a faster speed is fine.  When I start colonizing, though, I'll support a slower rate.  :P

I'm fine with an earlier start, and also a later finish. I doubt starting earlier will get us on Katmai's good side, though.  :hmm:

katmai

earlier start!!! :ultra:

Well don't forget that we started 90mins late working the kinks out but I think 7-11am is a decent amount of time a week :P

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on January 08, 2010, 08:28:55 PM

We are suppose to be starting at
7am for me
8am for Kleves
10am for Alci iirc
11am for you habbu
5pm for dirty yooors!

Alcibiades

11 EST is best for me. 

And level 3 would be nice you old farts.  2 is painstakingly slow.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 08, 2010, 09:56:52 PM
11 EST is best for me. 

And level 3 would be nice you old farts.  2 is painstakingly slow.

I only ask for 2 if in a war, in peace it is too slow yes.

Alcibiades

Someone is always in war.  And stop being old.  :hug:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain