News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

He lost a few provinces in a war, yes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 10, 2010, 11:13:18 AM
If you can get a realistic number for how much REAL income you lost I'll do it, as I have the save.  Not just a well it says i should be making this rah rah rah.  :)

Didn't we already do that?

What number did we come up with? I think it was several thousand ducats or something.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

Here's the save:

http://rapidshare.com/files/374357028/Languishmpsave.rar.html

What should the patch be in our game, 4.1b, or is there a new one?

GDGI is the combination I have right now.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Berkut

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 10, 2010, 01:15:22 PM
No... don't think so.

All right, fuck it, if you are just going to argue without contributing, it really isn't worth the effort. Do you know how to fix the save file, or are you just going to be bitchy about that as well?

0 rows returned

Alcibiades

Whats wrong with you?  Quit bitching, tell me what provinces so I can look when they were colonized and verify the problem, and see what their income is.

Stop acting childish.

sbr

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 10, 2010, 01:22:02 PM
Here's the save:

http://rapidshare.com/files/374357028/Languishmpsave.rar.html

What should the patch be in our game, 4.1b, or is there a new one?

GDGI is the combination I have right now.

Thanks, though shouldn't it be HPZE?

Quote from: Solmyr on March 30, 2010, 02:04:23 PM
The latest beta patch has been updated today, so redownload it here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468427
Checksum is now HPZE.

Alcibiades

Thanks, wasn't sure if I applied the patch or not, had it sitting on my desktop.

Berkut

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 10, 2010, 01:22:56 PM
Whats wrong with you?  Quit bitching, tell me what provinces so I can look when they were colonized and verify the problem, and see what their income is.

Stop acting childish.

You are the one bitching, not I. You don't say why you don't like the solution, or what you think would be better, or even if you know what the problem is - just "don't think so". Well, fuck, we went through all this once, and it simply isn't worth going through again if you have already decided to just say "no" no matter what, without even sharing what you find objectionable.

Too much? Too little? Don't think there is a problem to begin with? Think there should be some other way of solving it then tech? What? Feel free to share your objections, instead of just acting like it is that time of month and you just don't want to agree on principle.

0 rows returned

Alcibiades

I would have liked someone(you), to tell me about the thread you posted on pdox, give me the provinces and dates colonized:
kulunda 1620
ilimsk 1642
Verkne 1643
Bratsk 1627
Kachinsk 1624
Kuznetsk 1627

the potential income lost due to this problem (still working on the calculations), and to tell me the actual fix to this. (deleting the trade_goods flag.)

Thank you for making me do all the work for your, and only your, problem. Since I'm not the game master and all. I know you are probably busier than me, but you have a vested interest in this, I do not.

I'll try to calculate the lost income on this now.  I'm leaning towards giving you straight ducats, or I can evenly spread out the ducats in all of your techs if you wish and everyone agrees.  I'm also interested in the ways that people would wish for me to calculate most effectively the province income lost.  I'm thinking colony income at present date plus one month with the new trade good to take affect, minus 10-? years from the overall income for the colonization process.

How does this sound?

Berkut

Here is the fixed save, with the relevant flags removed so those provinces will choose a tradegood:

http://rapidshare.com/files/374366030/Languishmpsave_TGFixed.zip.html

There are no other changes other than allowing them to actually pick a tradegood instead of being stuck. Hopefully that won't be too objectionable.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Some adjustment on top of the direct income lost would probably also be appropriate.  There is a probably not too large cost associated with lagging in tech.  Every year being one production and trade tech behind is also a direct cost.

Berkut

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 10, 2010, 01:52:13 PM
I would have liked someone(you), to tell me about the thread you posted on pdox, give me the provinces and dates colonized:

We did. It is all in this thread.

kulunda 1620
ilimsk 1642
Verkne 1643
Bratsk 1627
Kachinsk 1624
Kuznetsk 1627

the potential income lost due to this problem (still working on the calculations), and to tell me the actual fix to this. (deleting the trade_goods flag.)

Again, already did that.
Thank you for making me do all the work for your, and only your, problem. Since I'm not the game master and all. I know you are probably busier than me, but you have a vested interest in this, I do not.

Nobody is making you do anything. Christ, unwad your panties already.
I'll try to calculate the lost income on this now.  I'm leaning towards giving you straight ducats, or I can evenly spread out the ducats in all of your techs if you wish and everyone agrees.  I'm also interested in the ways that people would wish for me to calculate most effectively the province income lost.  I'm thinking colony income at present date plus one month with the new trade good to take affect, minus 10-? years from the overall income for the colonization process.

How does this sound?

Sounds fine - why did it sound so terrible when we suggested the same thing 5 pages ago?

0 rows returned