BBC.com asks users: 'Should homosexuals face execution?'

Started by jimmy olsen, December 16, 2009, 07:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2009, 02:04:17 AM
Quote from: Jaron on December 17, 2009, 02:02:47 AM
If only you used this approach more often.. ;)

Is that the way you were taught to speak to your betters?

Or is this just public foreplay? :x
Is Martinus actually Jaron's better?  I rather doubt it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

As someone said on TheAdvocate, try replacing "homosexuals" with any other minority group and see how much balls BBC have to pose a question like this. I think the question is completely unacceptable and whoever is behind this should be fired.

Neil

Maybe then homosexuals should take a look at their behavior and evaluate what they have done to make people hate them so much.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on December 17, 2009, 08:13:11 AM
Maybe then homosexuals should take a look at their behavior and evaluate what they have done to make people hate them so much.

Makes one wonder why you would be defending Uganda's "people".

Caliga

Why does Neil say anything?  To get a rise out of you, that's why. ^_^
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 08:14:58 AM
Quote from: Neil on December 17, 2009, 08:13:11 AM

Makes one wonder why you would be defending Uganda's "people".
Why would I defend Uganda's people?  They are bandits, which are no better than homosexuals.

In the beautiful world to come, both homosexuals and Ugandans will be destroyed.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 08:03:03 AM
As someone said on TheAdvocate, try replacing "homosexuals" with any other minority group and see how much balls BBC have to pose a question like this. I think the question is completely unacceptable and whoever is behind this should be fired.
I agree, don't they kill Albino's and sell their body parts for folk medicine there, or is that Tanzania? You'd never see BBC putting up the question "Should Albino's be killed".
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 17, 2009, 08:27:45 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 08:03:03 AM
I agree, don't they kill Albino's and sell their body parts for folk medicine there, or is that Tanzania? You'd never see BBC putting up the question "Should Albino's be killed".

How many albinos do you know? I guess one less than how many Martinuses.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Tamas on December 17, 2009, 08:34:11 AM
How many albinos do you know? I guess one less than how many Martinuses.

I know two, one of them very well.  Well enough that I know they are the Master Race secretly in control of the planet.

BuddhaRhubarb

Tomorrow the BBC asks you when will you stop beating your wife?

BBC credibility yesterday= high.

today= low.

weak ass poll, no matter how you spin it.
:p

Valmy

What a hilariously horrible poll.  I hope BBC Africa next asks: 'Should Africa be Recolonized?'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

AFAIK, there aren't bills in front of any African legislatures petitioning to rejoin their former masters.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

I am grateful to the BBC for providing such wonderful global entertainment.  Those who wish can follow the shrill antics of the homophobic morons supporting the proposed Ugandan law on the BBC website, and those who couldn't be bothered can follow the shrill antics of the PC morons as they try to convince the world that there are questions that shouldn't be asked in the digital world, even if the question is actually being asked in the real world.  :lmfao:

Bets poll since "should kiddyfuckers be allowed to escape justice if they are talented film makers?"

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

I'm with Shelf.  There is value in learning the depth of anti-gay sentiment and by extension how much popular suppot this law is.  I can recall several times when Iraqis were polled about the acceptability of suicide attacks.

Just because you ask a survey question doesn't mean you're hoping for a yes answer.

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on December 17, 2009, 01:17:11 PM
I am grateful to the BBC for providing such wonderful global entertainment.  Those who wish can follow the shrill antics of the homophobic morons supporting the proposed Ugandan law on the BBC website, and those who couldn't be bothered can follow the shrill antics of the PC morons as they try to convince the world that there are questions that shouldn't be asked in the digital world, even if the question is actually being asked in the real world.  :lmfao:

Should there be a poll "Did Holocaust really happen?" or "Did Americans deserve 911?"? After all, these are all questions that are being asked in the real world?

I guess it is a broader question of the role of the media - should it be simply a mirror of reality, however nasty it is or should it avoid situations in which it legitimizes extreme, unacceptable views even if some people on the face of planet embrace them?