BBC.com asks users: 'Should homosexuals face execution?'

Started by jimmy olsen, December 16, 2009, 07:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 16, 2009, 10:51:52 PM
You're very fair to people who want to kill you
Not at all.  I think it's a monstrous bill that the rest of the world should condemn and if it's passed there should be punitive measures put on Uganda.  But I think it's fair enough for a news service to do with that area to host a debate on their website about it.  This is a news story in Africa and the BBC World Service Africa should, I'd argue has to reflect that, if it's to remain a credible broadcaster.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Faeelin

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 16, 2009, 11:34:18 PM
Not at all.  I think it's a monstrous bill that the rest of the world should condemn and if it's passed there should be punitive measures put on Uganda.  But I think it's fair enough for a news service to do with that area to host a debate on their website about it.  This is a news story in Africa and the BBC World Service Africa should, I'd argue has to reflect that, if it's to remain a credible broadcaster.

BBC Africa, 1997. "Should we cut the tall grass?"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 16, 2009, 11:34:18 PM

Did they run "Is the US the Great Satan?" or "Did the infidel in London Underground deserve to die?" in BBC Middle East?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 01:50:12 AM
Did they run "Is the US the Great Satan?" or "Did the infidel in London Underground deserve to die?" in BBC Middle East?
I imagine not.  But I'd hope they would be running forums about the role of religion in society, about the more draconian interpretations of Sharia and questions about terrorism on the BBC Arabic service. 
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

If I spent all my time being unreasonable to people who wanted to kill me, I wouldn't have very much time. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 01:26:21 AM
I won't even bother to post a shrill response.

If only you used this approach more often.. ;)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on December 17, 2009, 02:02:47 AM

Is that the way you were taught to speak to your betters?

Or is this just public foreplay? :x

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 01:26:21 AM
I won't even bother to post a shrill response.

Oh, by all means, please.  This would be one I'd want to hear.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 01:50:12 AM

BBC Middle East :  Should the Jews be stoned to death or beheaded?

Caliga

Beheaded.  You have to cut the head off or they'll keep coming back to life.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on December 16, 2009, 08:26:53 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 16, 2009, 08:22:34 PM
Don't you love those loaded questions that make you feel like a barbarian if you don't answer them in a certain way?

Actually, I do. I love answering in tone with my conscience, knowing that somewhere someone is expecting me to feel like a bad person in doing so, but being disappointed, even if they will never know it..

:yes: Slargos is my Swedish brother.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2009, 02:04:17 AM
Quote from: Jaron on December 17, 2009, 02:02:47 AM

Is that the way you were taught to speak to your betters?

Or is this just public foreplay? :x

:x alright. You have no idea the cyber-threesome those two and FB engage in. I often have to run away. Homos.