And we're back!

Main Menu

So I have bid my farewell of the EUOT.

Started by Pat, December 04, 2009, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 02:34:08 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 07, 2009, 02:17:43 PM
One thing is sure - despite our initial differences, DGuller has proven to be a much more friendly, useful and nice poster than Berkut and grumbler combined.
:hug:

Sweet, you now have, in your corner:

Dorsey4Heisman
Fate
Jaron
Marty
Fireblade

DG - he only runs with the most honest and stand up posters on Languish!

Psst, ask marty what we are talking about in TBR!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on December 07, 2009, 02:39:31 PM
I do recall doubting that you were Dorsey, but I don't recall calling you a liar. Which isn't to say it didn't happen, since you do have a reputation for playing rather fast and lose with the facts and such at times.
Only in your mind.  In your mind, you also though I had a reputation for commiserating with Hansy, as a fellow extermist.  Enough said.
QuoteWhich is really what leads to all this - it isn't such a big deal that you are calling grumbler a liar on such preposterous grounds,
Doesn't seem preposterous.  As I said, and as you conveniently ignored, I didn't need Dorsey's spying to know that grumbler was serious, I just needed the original thread that was public.  There wasn't any reasonable doubt to be had there.  It seems that everyone who piped in so far remembers the thread the same way I do. 

If grumbler was serious originally (and not only later, for a short moment, as he claims), then he's lying, and there is nothing preposterous about calling it such.  Also notice how conveniently grumbler stops addressing the matter once people after Brain starts confirming my recollection.  I know you're antsy to show me calling people liars frivolously, but it seems like you'll have to wait for an example more suited to your needs.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 02:28:50 PM
The thread where grumbler first made his accusation about me being Dorsey.  Berkut did call me a liar in the same thread when he entered it later, oddly enough while expressing doubt about grumbler's theory, but I don't expect anyone to remember that part.

I don't remember many solid details, just impressions. I thought Grumbler believed it, but if he says it was an elaborate troll now, maybe it was. I have a hard enough time understanding grumbler in current threads, much less in memories from several years ago.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 02:51:46 PM
Doesn't seem preposterous.  As I said, and as you conveniently ignored, I didn't need Dorsey's spying to know that grumbler was serious, I just needed the original thread that was public.  There wasn't any reasonable doubt to be had there.  It seems that everyone who piped in so far remembers the thread the same way I do.   
The original thread doesn't say whether I was serious or not, because I would, of course, have claimed to be serious in the original thread, for that its the nature of that kind of hyper-successful chain-yanking.  Each time anyone claimed to believe the accusation, your voice rose an octave, until it reached a pitch capable of shattering glass.

Everyone has spoken up remembers the thread the way I do, as well.  Yi probably did think I was 100% sure.  That was the impression I was trying to give you.

QuoteIf grumbler was serious originally (and not only later, for a short moment, as he claims), then he's lying, and there is nothing preposterous about calling it such.
What is preposterous is saying that you know better than I do what I actually thought and meant, despite the fact that you have no evidence!  :lmfao:

Had Dorsey been honest enough to send you all of the IC posts, they would have included the very post in which i said there that I had just been kidding the first time I said it, but that your shrill and hysterical response may me wonder if I wasn't right.  Kinda funny that he just forgot that post (or that you forgot that he sent it to you).  Almost... dishonest.

QuoteAlso notice how conveniently grumbler stops addressing the matter once people after Brain starts confirming my recollection.  I know you're antsy to show me calling people liars frivolously, but it seems like you'll have to wait for an example more suited to your needs.
Well, I tried to meet the Brian's desire to see us go back to the original point, but it is obvious that you are going to create another "I know what he is thinking more than he does so he is a liar" points out of it, so I will gladly return to the point.

Did your buddy Dorsey send the secret IC messages where other members of the IC announced that they, too, thought that you were likely Dorsey?  Do you even recall in the open thread where they expressed such doubts? Or isn't your memory honest enough to remember that?

I really wish the original thread was still available.  The part where you were bawling like a baby about how some mean teacher called you Dorsey back when you were an impressionable youth (or something like that; it was a "mean teacher" moment) is a part I would like to re-read.

This whole "grumbler is a liar" bit bothers me not at all, especially coming from you.  When you, of all people, get up on that high horse about people's integrity (and challenges thereto) I just laugh.  The idea of you and Dorsey exchanging PMs about what his secret agent activities are revealing about the IC conversation just cracks me up.  Just making two "adults" have such an absurd secret conversation justifies the effort, and getting you to now admit it is even more delicious!

I mean, you are actually proud that you and Dorsey had that conversation and tried to figure out what was "secretly" happening!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

I dont suppose I could get a summary.  I didnt read the first post since I was actually posting in the said Health Care Paradox thread at the time so I had some idea about what had occured but how the heck did we get into the posts at the tail end of this thread?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 07, 2009, 03:28:54 PM
I dont suppose I could get a summary.  I didnt read the first post since I was actually posting in the said Health Care Paradox thread at the time so I had some idea about what had occured but how the heck did we get into the posts at the tail end of this thread?
DGuller stood up for reputation and being called a liar, that segued into the Great DGuller/Dorsey Controversy.

grumbler

DorseyGuller backed Pat, and said that Stoney was a jerk for calling Pat a liar without any evidence, and then called me a liar without any evidence.  Marti backed DG, and Berkut took DG to task.  Much hilarity ensued.

Mostly inside jokes, though.  Not worth catching up if you missed it to this point.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

a topic regarding one's own reputation on message boards has as many posts as a thread about a western nation's blatant xenophobia. languish really is narcissistic  :(

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lacroix on December 07, 2009, 03:43:16 PM
a topic regarding one's own reputation on message boards has as many posts as a thread about a western nation's blatant xenophobia. languish really is narcissistic  :(

I think schadenfreude has fueled this thread more than narcissism.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Rasputin

Quote from: grumbler on December 07, 2009, 03:37:33 PM
DorseyGuller ...

:lol:
Who is John Galt?

LaCroix

maybe both? between the dguller/migilia and berkut/grumbler/slargos/random-posters groups, it seem to fit both bills

Berkut

I take no pleasure from poor DGs discomfort with being caught out like that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive