News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So I have bid my farewell of the EUOT.

Started by Pat, December 04, 2009, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on December 07, 2009, 01:32:30 PM
I can confirm that grumbler was 70% sure that DGuller was Dorsey. That, or grumbler lied about being 70% sure that DGuller was Dorsey.
Sounds about 70% likely to be correct, at least at one point.  All in the IC, though, IIRC.

QuoteBut I seriously think that the thread should get back to whatever the fuck it was doing before the Dorsey4Guller stuff came up again.
But, even after these years, the DG/Dorsey stuff is still dynamite!

I will drop it, though, because you ask.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2009, 01:40:19 PM
I can confirm that grumbler was 70% sure that DGuller was Dorsey. That, or grumbler lied about being 70% sure that DGuller was Dorsey.
That's my recollection, except more like 100%.
Thank you both.  I feel vindicated (not that I ever doubted that I remembered things correctly, but memory can be tricky in nasty ways).

Rasputin

QuoteBut I seriously think that the thread should get back to whatever the fuck it was doing before the Dorsey4Guller stuff came up again.
You mean the miglia/Stoner feud?  That means someone would have to read the OP. :(

My recollection is that Grumbler frequently (well at least more than once) believed that different posters were really puppets of others.
Who is John Galt?

grumbler

Quote from: Rasputin on December 07, 2009, 01:56:41 PM
My recollection is that Grumbler frequently (well at least more than once) believed that different posters were really puppets of others.
The whole "he's a sock" comment is actually a languish meme.  When you've been here for a while, you will find that pretty much everyone uses it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 01:21:16 PM
I think Peter Wiggins was involved in that thread quite closely.  I wonder what he remembers.

:unsure:

A thread where Berkut called you a liar? I'm sure there were a bunch of those.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on December 07, 2009, 02:00:36 PM
The whole "he's a sock" comment is actually a languish meme.  When you've been here for a while, you will find that pretty much everyone uses it.

Whatever you say, Ed.  :rolleyes:

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 01:50:35 PM
Thank you both.  I feel vindicated (not that I ever doubted that I remembered things correctly, but memory can be tricky in nasty ways).

You feel vindicated that neither of them supported your claim that Dorsey was checking your IP and/or having other check your IP, and was NOT simply getting his giggles from messing with you?

This is one of those "heads I won, tails you lose" deals, isn't it?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

One thing is sure - despite our initial differences, DGuller has proven to be a much more friendly, useful and nice poster than Berkut and grumbler combined.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Slargos on December 07, 2009, 02:14:57 PM
Quote from: grumbler on December 07, 2009, 02:00:36 PM

Whatever you say, Ed.  :rolleyes:

Don't make me break your post down sentence by sentence.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 07, 2009, 02:14:17 PM
I think Peter Wiggins was involved in that thread quite closely.  I wonder what he remembers.

The thread where grumbler first made his accusation about me being Dorsey.  Berkut did call me a liar in the same thread when he entered it later, oddly enough while expressing doubt about grumbler's theory, but I don't expect anyone to remember that part.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on December 07, 2009, 02:17:43 PM
One thing is sure - despite our initial differences, DGuller has proven to be a much more friendly, useful and nice poster than Berkut and grumbler combined.
I think I can speak for Berkut as well when I say this is the nicest compliment that you have handed out on Languish in weeks.  If you disapprove of my posts, they must say what I want them to say.

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on December 07, 2009, 02:17:43 PM
:hug:

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 02:28:50 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 07, 2009, 02:14:17 PM

The thread where grumbler first made his accusation about me being Dorsey.  Berkut did call me a liar in the same thread when he entered it later, oddly enough while expressing doubt about grumbler's theory, but I don't expect anyone to remember that part.

I do recall doubting that you were Dorsey, but I don't recall calling you a liar. Which isn't to say it didn't happen, since you do have a reputation for playing rather fast and lose with the facts and such at times.

Which is really what leads to all this - it isn't such a big deal that you are calling grumbler a liar on such preposterous grounds, but the fact that you pretend to be this paragon of integrity when we all know you are perfectly content tossing around accusations and mud with the best of them. your hypocrisy is really the thing that is most delicious. Well, maybe second most, after your rather astounding ego.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned