News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So I have bid my farewell of the EUOT.

Started by Pat, December 04, 2009, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 12:51:43 PM
Anyway, I've stated my case, and in more posts than I wanted to.  I know that you already had the conclusion ready with my first post, that I accuse other people of being liears lightly myself, and with each successive post you'll just amend your arguments to fit that conclusion.  Given the feeble nature of your attempts so far, I feel safe in letting you have the last word.

:lmfao:

Sound the retreat, fucking Berkut went and called me on my bullshit AGAIN!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on December 07, 2009, 12:53:05 PM

That's not a retreat, at some point you just have to make your point and move on, and I've got work to do.  The truthfulness of one's posts is not determined by one's stamina, or ability to repeat the same thing over and over. 

I wish I could link up to old Languish, and show the original thread.  I wish I could also show your post in that thread, where you matter-of-factly call me a proven liar.  Unfortuantely, I can't, so you can feign outrage to your heart's desire without being factually disproven.

You didn't call me on bullshit, and I challenge other posters who observed the events back then to tell me that I remember things wrongly (or, to confirm that they remember them as I do).  Obviously, only posters of good reputation need apply.

Caliga

Honestly, I have no recollection of this other than people called you Dorsey and you claimed you were not Dorsey.  I can confirm that there was an IC thread on your identity, but that sort of thread was not an unusual occurrence--nearly ever new registered nick got such a thread if that person's posting style resembled someone else's, or if the new poster's arrival was coincidentally timed with another poster's seemingly-permanent departure (e.g. Sir Hockey -> Sir Hockey Handle #2 -> Sir Hockey Handle #3 (honestly I can't recall his other handles now)).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 01:10:02 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 07, 2009, 12:53:05 PM

That's not a retreat, at some point you just have to make your point and move on, and I've got work to do. 

You could start that process by actually making your point though. You seem to skip right to the "moving on" part when your "point" is failed.

The truthfulness of one's posts is not determined by one's stamina, or ability to repeat the same thing over and over. 

Isn't that the truth. The truth of ones posts are not dis-proven by assertions from you, either, even when they are based on double secret communications from Deep Dorsey.
I wish I could link up to old Languish, and show the original thread.  I wish I could also show your post in that thread, where you matter-of-factly call me a proven liar.

Oh, I don't doubt that I have called you a liar in the past - but it certainly was never based on double secret communications from banned posters telling me what you supposedly said in some other secret forum I could not read. Rather, I suspect it was based on your own posts.

Unfortuantely, I can't, so you can feign outrage to your heart's desire without being factually disproven.

No outrage here, feigned or otherwise. This is some funny shit, are you kidding? Hoisting you on your own petard is hilarious.

You didn't call me on bullshit, and I challenge other posters who observed the events back then to tell me that I remember things wrongly (or, to confirm that they remember them as I do).  Obviously, only posters of good reputation need apply.

Ahh, so if you are wrong it is because you "remembered things wrongly", rather than just lying? Of course, that does not apply to anyone else - they are just damned dirty liars.

NOT THAT YOU WOULD EVER MAKE THAT ACCUSATION LIGHTLY, NO SIR!!!!

Only if Dorsey tells you so...

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on December 07, 2009, 01:14:59 PM
Honestly, I have no recollection of this other than people called you Dorsey and you claimed you were not Dorsey.  I can confirm that there was an IC thread on your identity, but that sort of thread was not an unusual occurrence--nearly ever new registered nick got such a thread if that person's posting style resembled someone else's, or if the new poster's arrival was coincidentally timed with another poster's seemingly-permanent departure (e.g. Sir Hockey -> Sir Hockey Handle #2 -> Sir Hockey Handle #3 (honestly I can't recall his other handles now)).

You sir, are a damned liar. Dorsey said it didn't happen that way, and Dorsey would never fib!

0 rows returned

DGuller

I think Peter Wiggins was involved in that thread quite closely.  I wonder what he remembers.

Rasputin

Quote from: Caliga on December 07, 2009, 01:14:59 PM

I still suspect Dguller of being Dorsey.
Who is John Galt?

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 11:46:31 AM
That's your story now, but that's not consistent with how you were acting back then.  Back when Dorsey secretly had an account with the Inner Circle access, he relayed to me how my IPs were looked at, and how you were looking on the Internet for dates of various exams to prove that I wasn't who I claimed I was.  That doesn't look like the actions of someone just out to troll me; I didn't have an Inner Circle account, so I couldn't be trolled by those investigations. 
Ah, the old "double-plus secret" story of what really must have been happening!  :lol:

I did check to see if there was an exam date when someone said there was, but I didn't do that to prove anything to anyone but myself.  All of this "Inspector Clouseau" stuff you note is stuff you say happened but have no evidence for (and, in fact, obtained from a "friend" who happened to have a "secret account."  The stuff I am talking about occurred in front of god and everybody.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

I can confirm that grumbler was 70% sure that DGuller was Dorsey. That, or grumbler lied about being 70% sure that DGuller was Dorsey.

But I seriously think that the thread should get back to whatever the fuck it was doing before the Dorsey4Guller stuff came up again.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 12:01:46 PM
I would be justified to in this instance, since he's clearly stating a fact he knows to be a false.  However, there is no need to rehash the old hostilities.  I'm just letting him know that I know some facts that he probably doesn't think I know (or else he wouldn't be trying to sell me that half-baked BS).
I am not trying to sell you anything.  I am just reminiscing about a very funny episode in Languish history.  One you are trying, unsuccessfully, to turn into a case of me (secretly) looking bad.  Was there an IC thread in which I wondered if maybe I was accidentally right?  Sure.  Did someone point out that the IP addresses made that impossible?  Yep. Did I abandon the idea after looking into it?  Yep.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 12:11:21 PM
He mentioned it in a context of "I know IPs don't show it, but I know he's a sock puppet, I'll prove it".  So, no, it doesn't quite show that.
I don't have access to IPs.  Are you 100% sure your quote is accurate?

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Brain on December 07, 2009, 01:32:30 PM
I can confirm that grumbler was 70% sure that DGuller was Dorsey. That, or grumbler lied about being 70% sure that DGuller was Dorsey.
That's my recollection, except more like 100%.

QuoteBut I seriously think that the thread should get back to whatever the fuck it was doing before the Dorsey4Guller stuff came up again.
You mean the miglia/Stoner feud?  That means someone would have to read the OP. :(

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 12:35:36 PM
Grumbler claims that he always meant the Dorsey thing to be a troll.
No, that isn't what i am saying.  I am saying that it started that way on the main forum, and pretty much stayed that way.  For a while in the IC, there was some doubt.  But that doubt was based entirely on your hysterical reaction to the charge, not because of anything a priori.  The actual facts didn't support the idea, though.

QuoteEither looking at IPs himself, or having the mods look at IPs, indicates that he was seriously investigating the possibility.
Never happened.

Bayraktar!

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2009, 01:40:19 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 07, 2009, 01:32:30 PM
But I seriously think that the thread should get back to whatever the fuck it was doing before the Dorsey4Guller stuff came up again.
You mean the miglia/Stoner feud?  That means someone would have to read the OP. :(

The OP.  :x

Maximus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2009, 01:40:19 PM
Disagree. It was quite entertaining just from Migla feeling he had to respond to every troll.