News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009-10 Hoops: Yo, mah Jordans, nigga

Started by CountDeMoney, October 25, 2009, 09:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

The Zags gave Michigan State a run for their money, 71-75.

Berkut

It went very well, I think. THe surprising thing about the speed was on defense - how much faster the players can move and cut off a penetration without fouling.

It was a blast - a LOT of running.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Cool, so any indication of more chances to officiate?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on November 19, 2009, 12:28:51 AM
Cool, so any indication of more chances to officiate?

Well, the evaluator said he thought I did an excellent job, and I should certianly pursue college officiating. To do that, however, means attending college camps where the assignors look at officials during the off season. And those are generally rather expensive. The system kind of sucks - you basically have to pay someone to look at you.

The real kicker to all of this is that I am not even a high school varsity basketball official. I am still just a JV in basketball. When the evaluator asked me about my varsity schedule this year and I told him I had not moved up yet, he got pretty pissed off that I was not doing varsity, which was rather amusing. He made a comment about the bullshit involved in the local board and how they didn't move people who they should.

So who knows? Hopefully I move up this year to the varsity level in high school, although I would not be the first official in the area to start doing college ball before doing varsity high school.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Ohio State choked against the ACC again. But since I can't stand their basketball, I can laugh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

(22) Maryland 57, Cincinnati 69  :contract:

Big East > ACC
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2009, 10:25:49 PM
(22) Maryland 57, Cincinnati 69  :contract:

Big East > ACC

Texas 78 Pittsburgh 62

Big East =  Fail
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Just ran into a few wazzu players at my local grocery store as they are playing in tourney right down the road.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

citizen k

Admiral Yi

Zags are busy little beavers.  Getting a lot of air time.

Admiral Yi

Dick Vitale thinks the Big 10 is the best conference in the country right now, followed by the ACC then the Big East.

That Plumlee kid at Duke has some serious ups.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2009, 12:21:17 PM
Dick Vitale thinks the Big 10 is the best conference in the country right now, followed by the ACC then the Big East.

That Plumlee kid at Duke has some serious ups.

Dukie Vitale says things like that early in the season, but by mid-season it's "ACC, Baby! Duke, Baby! ACC, Baby..."

WVU plays Texas A&M @ 2:30 & I'm stuck at work.  Thankfully, we get ESPN360 here :shifty:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Funny thing about Dickie V, if you go back and watch old games (like from around '91 or so), he is much more composed. Still tosses out stupid phrases, but is actually good at the color commentary.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive