Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

I've decided to restart my rogue and do it right this time.  I shall be condemned to unrequited love again but eh! - better that than portraying a female.

Now my last run I had Sten, Alistair and Morrigan in my party.  I wonder if I should change to Wynne?  I don't care for the other chick so she stays moping around at camp.  But if I take Zefran it'll be 2 rogues, 1 tank and a mage...  I'd rather have 2 tanks to be safe.  Any other NPCs I can recruit?  A dwarf in Ozrimar perhaps?

Btw Marty, did you avail yourself of the 'services át the Pearl in the capital? ;)  I tried the tall human and the little elf - what a bitch that one was!  :P

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Note to grallon, who probably will be keen on keeping Zevran close ;)

He likes precious metal bars and leather items (heh heh) so keep at least one gold bar handy (you find one in Redcliff I think) to give him when you meet, then flirt with him shamelessly to get the highest level of relations with him asap. Other than this being fun (you can talk about reusing the rope for some fun, his leather fetish, his teacher's tips ("Never look behind you, except in an ambush or during sex"), his sex adventures, him flattering your looks, his love for things "beautiful and dangerous, like you" and whether you are "open" to new experiences like him :P), it is important because unless you get the relationship with him high enough soon (I think they said +33), he will double cross you when you head to Denerim - and then he dies for good.

If he likes you by then, though, he will remain loyal and alive for the rest of the game.

As a good way to gauge how much he likes you - he will agree to teach you about being an assassin when the relationship hits +27, so after that you just need to sleep with him (go to the camp to do so) and you are safe.

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on November 12, 2009, 10:00:13 AM
I've decided to restart my rogue and do it right this time.  I shall be condemned to unrequited love again but eh! - better that than portraying a female.

Now my last run I had Sten, Alistair and Morrigan in my party.  I wonder if I should change to Wynne?  I don't care for the other chick so she stays moping around at camp.  But if I take Zefran it'll be 2 rogues, 1 tank and a mage...  I'd rather have 2 tanks to be safe.  Any other NPCs I can recruit?  A dwarf in Ozrimar perhaps?

Btw Marty, did you avail yourself of the 'services át the Pearl in the capital? ;)  I tried the tall human and the little elf - what a bitch that one was!  :P

G.

Haven't got there yet. Are the whores all female or do they have rent boys too? :P

Btw, almost everybody in my party likes me - Lellana just shared with me her lesbo love story. :P

My party now consists of me (rogue/bard), Zevran, Alistair and Wynne - the last one because it helps a lot to have a healer since everybody else is melee.

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on November 12, 2009, 08:20:37 AM
So, it took me till the battle for Redcliffe to discover that the tactics system sucks.  :lol:

We set up the fire barricade and Alistair and Sten thought it would be a good idea to stand IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING FIRE and wait to be attacked. :bleeding:

I shall now be controlling all of my characters, all of the time.

MORAL OF THE STORY:  Never delegate management tasks. -_-
I would stop playing before I went the "all characters all the time" route.  Luckily, I don't have to.  Except against bosses, some fairly basic default tactics work okay (my rogue and mage use ranged attacks while my tanks just wait to defend against the enemy's melee rush).  I do definitely find it easier to implement tactics if you make the enemy come to you (I even scout ahead with the rogue to find the enemy, attack them, and then run back to the rest of the party and take up my defensive position).

I haven't gotten the stance options (aggressive, passive, etc) down yet, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on November 12, 2009, 08:20:37 AM
So, it took me till the battle for Redcliffe to discover that the tactics system sucks.  :lol:

We set up the fire barricade and Alistair and Sten thought it would be a good idea to stand IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING FIRE and wait to be attacked. :bleeding:

I shall now be controlling all of my characters, all of the time.

MORAL OF THE STORY:  Never delegate management tasks. -_-

I find Tactics incredibly usefull, I wish I add more slots for them.

Just gotta move your chars manually sometimes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

And for grallon, here's my cute redhead elf :P

Sorry about the angle/weird interference, but I was taking it with a camera off screen, since I don't know how take screenshots on Xbox (not sure if it is even possible).

Grey Fox

Marti, is the voice over also in Polish?

Any of you guys got the DLC Armor & Shale?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 12, 2009, 10:32:24 AM

yeah, voice is in Polish too. I am normally very reluctant about Polish translations but in this one voices are amazingly well done by a bunch of professional actors.

Btw, is the armor already available? I checked yesterday and all I could get was Shale and the keep thingie. I downloaded the keep - not sure about getting Shale, since I won't probably be using him anyway (I like Alistair and Zevran, and there is no space in my party for another melee fighter).

DisturbedPervert

I have Shale but didn't bother with the armor.  Shale's quite amusing.

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on November 12, 2009, 10:18:51 AM
And for grallon, here's my cute redhead elf :P

Awww he's adorable!  And yes - the Pearl has a nice selection of rent boys, including an ugly hairy dwarf  :x

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Those who met the Dwarves, with whom did you side?  The Prince or the Pretender?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on November 11, 2009, 04:12:06 PM
Btw, I kicked Morrigan out and now have a goody-two-shoes party of the bard chick, Wynne and Alistair. I heard there is a convo between Alistair and Wynne, when she gives him the "birds and bees" talk. Can't wait to hear that. Also can't wait to get Zevran - gonna kick out the bard chick when he joins, I guess.

I'm now after the mage part and going back with them to Redcliffe to help the kid. I think I missed one or more notes for the side quests in the tower.
FYI, you don't need to kick anyone, you can keep them.
Morrigan is pretty useful, seeing you only get 2 mages.
The Bard chick is already good at picking locks and for ranged attacks, something for wich the Bi Elf is not, especially given his low constitution.

My favorite party:
Morrigan, Leliana, Shale.

That fits me perfectly so far.  Now, seeing I have Morrigan at +100 relationship (she even gave me a ring! :D ), I decided to run with Wynne for a little while.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Got it with the Collector's Edition and the pre-order.
It's useful in mid-game.  Good armor, not too much fatigue, but you can easily get a better helmet.

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on November 12, 2009, 12:00:03 PM
FYI, you don't need to kick anyone, you can keep them.

Errr, what part of "I want to have Zevran in my party" you didn't get?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 12, 2009, 12:07:15 PM
Errr, what part of "I want to have Zevran in my party" you didn't get?

He means you can have them back at camp without actually having them in your active group.  You do not have to tell them to leave.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."