News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Why Dmitry Medvedev will fail

Started by jimmy olsen, September 29, 2009, 08:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Wow, Russia really is in some deep trouble economically and politically.   :huh:

Maybe Russia needs to invade someone (else, again) to mask over its economic problems.

Or instead, maybe someone should invade Russia while its a weak nation, gain all that oil and natural gas. I mean, how hard could an invasion of Russia be?  :unsure:  There are still a few months left before winter sets in....   

DGuller

Quote from: KRonn on September 30, 2009, 10:07:01 AM
Or instead, maybe someone should invade Russia while its a weak nation, gain all that oil and natural gas. I mean, how hard could an invasion of Russia be?  :unsure:  There are still a few months left before winter sets in....   
I don't think that would work.  Russians have been scorching their earth for decades in anticipation of such a development.

DisturbedPervert

Or instead, maybe someone should invade Russia while its a weak nation

The Chinese are already subtly doing that in the far east

KRonn

Quote from: DGuller on September 30, 2009, 10:20:24 AM
I don't think that would work.  Russians have been scorching their earth for decades in anticipation of such a development.
Hehe...

Valmy

I wish Russia would hurry up with the fading away into oblivion project.  Might I recomend a five year plan?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Russia is kind of like a really hot but manic depressive chick who was abused a lot as a kid.  She'll enter one of her manic periods sometime, probably even fairly soon.  There are, believe it or not, some signs of progress, though few sources but the Economist really talk about them. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."