Napoleon: Total War (Not an Expansion for Empire)

Started by PRC, August 26, 2009, 04:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

New GAME - not expansion - full game in the Total War series.  I guess Empire: Total War was the beta for this?

http://www.sega.com/games/napoleon-total-war/?t=EnglishUSA

QuoteNapoleon: Total War™

History is as yet unwritten.

Napoleon: Total War™ is the new chapter to the critically acclaimed Total War™ series and opens up a new narrative layer to the genre-defining franchise. From the early Italian campaign to the battle of Waterloo, Napoleon covers two decades of relentless battles, a backdrop of a world in flames against which the story of an extraordinary military career unfolds.

Whether you play as or against the legendary general, the outcome of war can never be guaranteed. The course of history relies on your ability to lead your troops through the most intense battles as never seen before in a Total War game.

FEATURES

- The genre-defining franchise brings Napoleon to life.
Napoleon: Total War defines a new standard within the genre with exciting characters and a cinematic narrative, mind-blowing battle sequences and an unrivaled mix of turn-based and real-time strategy.

- Three new episodic campaigns
Take command and lead your armies on land and sea over three campaigns: Italy, Egypt and Mastery of Europe. The seamless mix of objective-based missions and sandbox experience makes this the most complete Total War experience to date.

- Cutting-edge multiplayer
Napoleon features fully integrated multiplayer modes and a complete set of online functionality: Steam achievements, gameplay bonuses, uniform editor and voice communications.

-All new Napoleonic battles and units
Advanced weaponry enables new tactical options and even more exciting real-time battles on an epic scale, while the highly detailed environments and improved battlefield buildings guarantee a realistic recreation of famous historical battles.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Cecil

Sorry but I dont fancy getting urinated on again. :mad:

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Razgovory

I haven't bought Empire.  I doubt I'll buy this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I'll wait for mods to fix it before buying. I liked Shogun, didn't try Medieval 1, didn't like Rome, loved Medieval 2, was sorely disappointed by Empire.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lucidor

Quote from: Razgovory on August 26, 2009, 06:37:03 PM
I haven't bought Empire.  I doubt I'll buy this.
I could see myself getting it if the demo and critique was good. I'm a sucker for lovely maps, and the Egypt map in Stainless steel was nice.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Fate

I'll buy this. If I keep supporting this company, eventually they'll make Shogun II...

Lettow77

Loved shogun, M:TW and R:TW (well, EB anyway..). Didint get empire, or MTW2; this has even more potential than that disaster empire to produce the secession war mod i've always wanted.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Faeelin

Quote from: Fate on August 27, 2009, 05:27:57 AM
I'll buy this. If I keep supporting this company, eventually they'll make Shogun II...

Or you could, you know, not buy their products until they make Shogun II.

Vince

Quote from: Faeelin on August 27, 2009, 08:16:11 AM
Quote from: Fate on August 27, 2009, 05:27:57 AM

Or you could, you know, not buy their products until they make Shogun II.

I tried that with Firaxis waiting for SMACII.

It does not work :(

KRonn

I still play R:TW on occasion. I usually tire of it when I have too many battles, which take a lot of time (I don't usually like using auto-battles). But still, fun game and good variety to it.

DGuller

My M2TW with Stainless Steel now works very well on my new computer.  :yeah: Unfortunately, it's a huge time-waster.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on August 27, 2009, 12:08:47 AM
I'll wait for mods to fix it before buying. I liked Shogun, didn't try Medieval 1, didn't like Rome, loved Medieval 2, was sorely disappointed by Empire.

I deeply disliked Shogun.  Loved Medieval 1 and Rome and Medieval 2 and very hesitant to get Empire since it apparently doesn't work.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017