News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Has the American Right Gone Crazy?

Started by Faeelin, August 06, 2009, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Maybe my views have been clouded by growing up during the clinton admin, but the right sure seems good at latching onto small things and making them huge. Ugly chick sucks your dick? Worst president ever, get rid of him. Universal health care? They can't afford it without killing all th old people!!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

No.  I never thought the Democrats were dominated by the MoveOnistas or truthers, unlike many people here.  I don't think the Republicans have gone similarly mad and been dominated.  But I think that serious leaders in the party need to stand up and say this sort of stuff is nonsense and it distracts from the real issues, in the way McCain did during the campaign when a woman started talking about how Obama's an Arab.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Well, I've noticed some of the conservative commentators on Fox ridiculing the "birthers."
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: HVC on August 07, 2009, 11:58:16 AM
Maybe my views have been clouded by growing up during the clinton admin, but the right sure seems good at latching onto small things and making them huge. Ugly chick sucks your dick? Worst president ever, get rid of him. Universal health care? They can't afford it without killing all th old people!!

Health care is a small thing?

And yeah, birthers have gained widespread ridicule, even from the quasi-extreme right.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Hansmeister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 07, 2009, 10:12:01 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on August 07, 2009, 06:15:49 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on August 06, 2009, 10:52:45 PM
I'm curious if anyone else is getting creeped out by the happenings of late. Physical assaults on Congressmen, teabaggers storming town hall meetings to avoid letting Congressmen talk to constituents and starting fights, while a plurality of the GOP believe Obama wasn't born in America.

WTF is going on?

You do know that it was the Democrat that assaulted the protester?  So what's wrong with leftists?  nevermind, we all know that violence comes natural to the left.

It does say in the story that the guy who was assaulted was one of the protesters trying to get in, and he was hurt by the people "guarding the door". Doesn't mean he didn't swing first though. It just means his attempt was a fail.

I haven't heard of any members of Congress being assaulted though.
I just saw the video of the event which had some SEIU union thugs beating up on a guy laying on the ground.  I'm sure this is somehow proof that the right-wing has gone crazy.  :rolleyes:

Valmy

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 07, 2009, 12:20:04 PM
I'm sure this is somehow proof that the right-wing has gone crazy.  :rolleyes:

No we generally just have you around as proof of that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 07, 2009, 12:20:04 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 07, 2009, 10:12:01 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on August 07, 2009, 06:15:49 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on August 06, 2009, 10:52:45 PM
I'm curious if anyone else is getting creeped out by the happenings of late. Physical assaults on Congressmen, teabaggers storming town hall meetings to avoid letting Congressmen talk to constituents and starting fights, while a plurality of the GOP believe Obama wasn't born in America.

WTF is going on?

You do know that it was the Democrat that assaulted the protester?  So what's wrong with leftists?  nevermind, we all know that violence comes natural to the left.

It does say in the story that the guy who was assaulted was one of the protesters trying to get in, and he was hurt by the people "guarding the door". Doesn't mean he didn't swing first though. It just means his attempt was a fail.

I haven't heard of any members of Congress being assaulted though.
I just saw the video of the event which had some SEIU union thugs beating up on a guy laying on the ground.  I'm sure this is somehow proof that the right-wing has gone crazy.  :rolleyes:

Dude,  Unions haven't been part of "the Left" since the 50's at the latest. Just more fascism, in Red clothing.  so yeah you are right it is more proof that the right wing is really just a bunch of thugs.

I'm so glad I had my "wings" removed. Partisanship is irrelevant to the actual problems of the world.

All the so-called "Parties" should be ruling the land, not standing around the schoolyard calling each other names.
:p

Savonarola

Quote from: HVC on August 07, 2009, 11:58:16 AM

According to Jimmy Carter, Reagan was going to cut Medicare and kill off all the old people.  According to Walter Mondale (during the next presidential campaign) he had already done so.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 07, 2009, 12:25:35 PM

All the so-called "Parties" should be ruling the land

Nah, they should be outlawed and we should vote for our leaders on an individual basis only.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 07, 2009, 12:25:35 PM
Dude,  Unions haven't been part of "the Left" since the 50's at the latest. Just more fascism, in Red clothing.  so yeah you are right it is more proof that the right wing is really just a bunch of thugs.

I'm so glad I had my "wings" removed. Partisanship is irrelevant to the actual problems of the world.

All the so-called "Parties" should be ruling the land, not standing around the schoolyard calling each other names.

Democrats & the unions are irrevocably tied together.  Democrats (minus some blue dogs) = left.  So yeah, unions = left.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 07, 2009, 10:12:40 AM
I had a bag of Nigger Toes Brazil nuts and the tower nearby fried them.  :(

I was 30 years old before I knew there was another name for those.  :blush:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2009, 12:51:23 PM
Democrats & the unions are irrevocably tied together.  Democrats (minus some blue dogs) = left.  So yeah, unions = left.

Frankly if the Unions aren't leftwing I don't know who is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on August 07, 2009, 12:39:56 PM
According to Jimmy Carter, Reagan was going to cut Medicare and kill off all the old people.  According to Walter Mondale (during the next presidential campaign) he had already done so.

:lol:

Yeah I sometimes forget how Reagan was destroying America by cutting programs.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2009, 01:22:39 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2009, 12:51:23 PM

Frankly if the Unions aren't leftwing I don't know who is.
I don't think they're traditionally left wing, if you think of a Starbucks-sipping New Yorker as a traditional left-winger.  The union people could well be good right-wingers if not for the protection of their racket that Democrats pledge to them.

HVC

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 07, 2009, 12:14:38 PM
Health care is a small thing?

No, the provision where old people can get end of life counciling (i think that's it) gets turned into they want to kill old people.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.