And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 02, 2014, 10:18:53 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 02, 2014, 10:15:38 AM
http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2014/10/02/2-white-lesbians-sue-after-becoming-pregnant-with-sperm-donated-by-black-man/

:lol: That's one of the best cases of white knighting I've read.

Isn't discriminating based on skin color the sole reason for their suit? :contract:

If you ordered a blue car, and they gave you red, would you be happy?  Whatever happened to the "client is always right"?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2014, 10:30:36 AM
If you ordered a blue car, and they gave you red, would you be happy?  Whatever happened to the "client is always right"?

The blue car doesn't have to worry about the potential toxic family dynamic of being unwanted based on its color?  Even if the mom never brings it up again, this suit is now a public record- her daughter can look up, and deal with the effects of finding out, that her mother sued because she's part-black.

Doesn't take a SJW to see that there's trouble looming on the horizon, and not necessarily from the mother.

Also: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82404406/
(ebaumsworld link because Comedy Central were obnoxious and split the video into parts)
Experience bij!

derspiess

Yeah, that will be a fun conversation when she gets older. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

A couple of relevant quotes from the complaint:

QuoteJennifer admits that she was raised around stereotypical attitudes
about people other than those in her all-white environment. Family members, one uncle in
particular, speaks openly and derisively about persons of color. She did not know African
Americans until her college days at the University of Akron.

Because of this background and upbringing, Jennifer acknowledges her
limited cultural competency relative to African Americans, and steep learning curve,
particularly in small, homogeneous, Uniontown, which she regards as too racially intolerant.

QuoteOne of Jennifer's biggest fears is the life experiences Payton will undergo, not
only in her all-white community, but in her all-white, and often unconsciously insensitive,
family. Despite her family's attempts to accept her homosexuality, they have not been
capable of truly embracing Jennifer for who she is. They do not converse with her about her
gender preference, and encourage her not to "look different," signaling their disapproval of
her lesbianism. Though compelled to repress her individuality amongst family members,
Payton's differences are irrepressible, and Jennifer does not want Payton to feel stigmatized
or unrecognized due simply to the circumstances of her birth.

It does seem that being the only black kid in all-white Uniontown (and your all-white family) and having lesbian parents is likely to be somewhat harder than being a white kid in all-white Uniontown (and your all-white family) and having lesbian parents.

CountDeMoney

I would think it would make him unique, popular and the first pick in neighborhood football games.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2014, 12:22:38 PM
I would think it would make him unique, popular and the first pick in neighborhood football games.

You know Uniontown better than I do, I suppose.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on October 02, 2014, 11:55:09 AM
It does seem that being the only black kid in all-white Uniontown (and your all-white family) and having lesbian parents is likely to be somewhat harder than being a white kid in all-white Uniontown (and your all-white family) and having lesbian parents.

So concerned enough about ill effects of race but not too concerned about the difficulties a child might face as a result of having two mommies?

Fuck these women. I'd have gone with it if they were unhappy solely on grounds that they didn't get sperm from the donor they selected but with their argument lying on racial grounds? I guess trash is as trash does.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2014, 12:29:52 PM
Fuck these women. I'd have gone with it if they were unhappy solely on grounds that they didn't get sperm from the donor they selected but with their argument lying on racial grounds? I guess trash is as trash does.
Yea, pretty much

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on October 02, 2014, 12:23:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2014, 12:22:38 PM

You know Uniontown better than I do, I suppose.

Meh, kiss my ass.

My brother-in-law's sister had the same attitude;  they wanted to adopt, but they're in the country club circuit and they were worried how a kid of Asian descent would "feel" (translation: how they would look), so they wound up waiting through the Russian process of bullshit a few years and got a Russian kid with tuberculosis that is probably older than he was advertised for, because Russian adoption agencies are corruput liars and extortionists. 
The extended family group photos are a fucking trip, though. 

Kids are remarkably more resilient than people give them credit for when it comes to socialization, even in Dumbfuckistan.

The only problem the lesbians have about the future of this black kid is theirs.  The kid will be fine.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2014, 12:29:52 PM
So concerned enough about ill effects of race but not too concerned about the difficulties a child might face as a result of having two mommies?

:yes:
Experience bij!

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2014, 11:17:52 AM
Now Ed, when I told you about the lawn-weed killer trick I figured you'd use it more wisely.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/oh-lorain/swastika-chemically-burned-into-avon-yard-police-report-says

Shit, College Republicans taught us that trick back in '88.