And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: sbr on May 20, 2014, 09:23:52 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 20, 2014, 09:20:41 PM
I remember field day. I was like it is hot and humid outside. Yay mosquitoes. You want me to run around? How about letting me back inside so I can take a nap?

You should ave asked your parents to raise you in a decent climate.

Believe me, I did not ask nor sign up to get shipped to the Least Coast.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2014, 09:24:24 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 20, 2014, 09:11:31 PM
Business manager? Is that a normal thing for schools?

QuoteBellbrook-Sugarcreek Schools services the families of the  Bellbrook/Sugarcreek Township community, an upscale, residential suburb, located southeast of Dayton.

I'd say yes.  Ed's got it like that:  enough money not to have to let his children go to school with teh blacks.

Damn right
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on May 20, 2014, 09:11:31 PM
Business manager? Is that a normal thing for schools?

For school districts?  Yes.  They deal with a lot of businesses, for construction, maintenance, training, supplies, etc.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Wait, Ed is a rich? I need to toady. :hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

derspiess

So some 21-year old white male college student went missing 7 or 8 days ago.  He had supposedly left his phone at a restaurant and left his apartment late at night in his high-crime neighborhood to go look for it.  He never returned home. 

Facebook blew up with articles & whatnot among the yokels.  News over-coverage shortly followed.  Then by mid-week you started seeing him on the electronic billboards, the sign outside Paul Brown Stadium and on the scoreboard at Great American Ballpark.  By Friday, election-type "MISSING" lawn signs started springing up.  And at the festivals over the weekend people had booths set up trying to recruit people to go look for him and of course put more signs up.  I forget what the latest reward was for his safe return or whatever, but it kept growing each day.

Turns out he had slipped into the abandoned building right next to his apartment to commit suicide by hanging himself.  The building's owner stopped in last night to check on the building and found the body.  Cincy PD said they had "exhaustively" searched the outside of the building (??) the day after he went missing and didn't see any reason to check inside.  Between that and their botched handling of post-Reds game traffic the other day, my confidence in them is at an all-time low.

On one hand it's sort of nice to see people band together to try to help someone in their community, but their efforts lost all proportion about 12 hours into the ordeal.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Oh, and I saw Charlie Sheen at the Reds game Saturday.  Fucker looks even crazier in person.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2014, 10:11:26 AM
Oh, and I saw Charlie Sheen at the Reds game Saturday.  Fucker looks even crazier in person.

I would so party with him.  I dont care if I wind up in the morgue by the end of the night, you know the ride there was a blast.

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2014, 10:11:26 AM

I think he's been purposely fostering that perception of himself since leaving his TV show!    :D

Ed Anger

The measles and mumps outbreak continues to spread in Ohio.

QuoteThe measles outbreak began with a group from Christian Aid Ministries, who went on a mission to the Philippines earlier this year. Philippines is experiencing a very large measles outbreak; at least 20,000 confirmed and suspected cases have been reported in the Asian nation.

FUCKING FOREIGNERS

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

If I die, nobody gets my stuff. I've rigged my wargames to explode.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 28, 2014, 08:40:46 AM
If I die, nobody gets my stuff. I've rigged my wargames to explode.

"Hey look, it's VG's Pacific War."
"Will ya leave it already, it's gook shit."
"No, Sal...this is important."