News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

So is there actually proof now about the calls reporting women trying to escape and naked women in the back yard? Last I heard, CPD checked its database of calls against Ariel Castro's address and found two: one when Castro himself called police to report a fight in front of his home, and another when they went to Castro's house to investigate a possible child negligence charge. That stemmed from his time as a school bus driver, he parked the bus and got off of it while a child was still on it, leaving the child unsupervised. That's apparently a potential child neglect/endangerment charge, but the case was resolved as non-criminal and when the police went to the house to speak to Castro they knocked on his front door, checked around the side of the house and left when no one answered.

Now, there are a few neighbors claiming they saw naked women, or their kids saw naked women, or they heard banging from inside the house or etc, and claiming they called that in. But the Police Chief has actually double downed on the "we have no record of that" at this point, which makes me think they've at least done a rudimentary verification the calls weren't in their system (probably ran all the surrounding addresses just in case its record was associated with maybe the caller's address and not the Castro residence.) So I'm not 100% convinced those other calls even happened.

Jacob

The one lady I saw on a clip said "I talked to a cop and he said talk to a detective, and then I got discouraged..." which isn't really actionable for the cops.

merithyn

The two brothers were let go without charges. The one charged is co-operating with authorities.

The women were let outside twice in 10 years. At least one of those times they were disguised and brought out to the garage. No mention of them having been walked around the back yard on leashes like dogs. The women knew one another, but were kept in separate rooms, chained and tied with ropes. Apparently, this Monday was the first chance any of them had ever had of getting away.

I was talking to Max about this. When someone does this - kidnaps someone and holds them captive for a long time - what do they think is going to happen eventually? At some point, when he's tired of the charade and the hiding and stuff, he's going to have to kill them. Letting them go is never an option, is it?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

Nope, not unless they've been completely broken and brainwashed... but how could you ever know that for sure if you're the captor?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on May 08, 2013, 03:10:11 PM
everyone has already concluded Kentucky is the worst place on earth,

I wouldn't want to live there, but it beats anywhere north of it. Except perhaps northern California/Oregon.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 08, 2013, 11:08:03 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 08, 2013, 03:10:11 PM
everyone has already concluded Kentucky is the worst place on earth,

I wouldn't want to live there, but it beats anywhere north of it. Except perhaps northern California/Oregon.

Impossible.

North > south.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on May 08, 2013, 07:20:32 PM
At some point, when he's tired of the charade and the hiding and stuff, he's going to have to kill them.

Not really.  Not all kidnappers are murderers.

QuoteLetting them go is never an option, is it?

Sure it is.  There have been cases where victims have been released.

Eddie Teach

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 08, 2013, 11:15:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 08, 2013, 11:12:56 PM
North > south.

Equatorial > polar

I've been near the equator, and I've been near the pole.

You're 100% wrong. :contract:

Barrister

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 08, 2013, 07:37:07 PM
I'll just leave this here. http://www.break.com/index/dead-giveaway-charles-ramsey-remix-2441729

You know Charles Ramsay did the right thing and I don't like to make fun of him.

But this was funny.  :blush:

Eddie Teach

Like CC pointed out, the cold air has warped your brain. :contract:

katmai

You can always put more layers on to be comfortable, only so much you can take off. :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 08, 2013, 11:32:05 PM
You can always put more layers on to be comfortable, only so much you can take off. :P

Precisely. :contract:

That's what drove me crazy about Brazil.  I was down to underwear and shorts, and still sweating my balls off.  But even in Yukon, I could always throw another layer on.

CountDeMoney

I'd rather freeze 'em off than sweat 'em off any day of the week.