And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Just wondering if they were crying about this last spring when P. Phil predicted six more weeks of winter and instead they got an early spring.

There's no making some people happy.  :rolleyes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

All of my Northeast US peeps are gnashing their teeth about this.  Down here, it's a bit cooler than normal--normally we are in the low 60s by now--but it ain't snowing, so I don't give a shit.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I'd just like it to be warmer. I miss last year's early warm temps.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

They are talking accumulating snow Sunday. I need to start the spring offensive against the rabbit.  :mad:

mongers

Just had the perfect dump, timed it to perfection, on the can for 20 seconds, 5 sheets of bog roll, not really needed, feeling good.  :ccr
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/found-shot-death-ohio-townhome-basement-18991891#.UXGAfrXIatY

Quote4 Adults Shot in Heads Found Dead in Ohio Basement

Four adults who had been shot in their heads were found dead Thursday in the basement of a townhome.

Someone discovered the bodies at a complex on Akron's northeast side, according to Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority executive director Tony O'Leary. He said police told his office no weapons were found in the home.

Police said that two men and two women who appeared to be in their 20s had been shot in their heads, but they didn't release any other details. It was unclear whether police were looking for any suspects.

At the housing complex, about 35 miles south of Cleveland, crime scene tape cordoned off one area as officers canvassed for information about what happened.

The units, in an older, small complex near a mall, are normally quiet and don't have a history of crime, O'Leary said.

"It's certainly not what some people see as a typical public housing unit," he said.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

The dayton airshow was going to do a Hiroshima act. Hilarious.

Ed Anger

3 missing girls from a decade ago found alive in a dungeon basement. In Cleveland.

Austria on the lake.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2013, 09:16:52 PM
3 missing girls from a decade ago found alive in a dungeon basement. In Cleveland.

Austria on the lake.

The 911 call on Cleveland.com is fucking hilarious.

OttoVonBismarck

Hmm, three girls, one missing since 2000 and the others since 2003/2004 found with one of them holding a baby. Basically sounds like a Jaycee Dugard situation x3.

In other news I read last week Ohio executed a man who raped a six month old to death some 15 years ago or so. In a last ditch effort to get leniency from the Governor or the Pardon board he admitted to the rape, but said he had no intent to kill and since his intent was rape only under the laws of Ohio he couldn't/shouldn't be subject to the death penalty. He ended up getting put down anyway, but maybe only two more will follow him as that's when Ohio will run out of its execution cocktail.

Caliga

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 06, 2013, 10:19:14 PM
Hmm, three girls, one missing since 2000 and the others since 2003/2004 found with one of them holding a baby. Basically sounds like a Jaycee Dugard situation x3.
I wasn't all that surprised.  I'd be willing to bet there are dozens of other such situations going on in the US right now. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Brazen

An interview with Charles Ramsey, the neighbour who rescued the incarcerated women in Cleveland. I can see him getting a TV gig from this – check out the classic line around 2:20.

http://boingboing.net/2013/05/06/meet-charles-ramsay-internet.html

Syt

Heard him on the radio this morning and thought, "That's one seriously black accent he's having."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.