News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Well, that should lock up the college student vote for the Dems.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 15, 2024, 06:27:20 PMWell, that should lock up the college student vote for the Dems.

You'd think that, wouldn't you?  But no, they still intend to reenact 1968 at the convention.  The fuckers want Trump to win.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

That's an interesting parallel I hadn't considered Raz. 

grumbler

So, I wonder how many on-the-fence US vets Trump converted to his side by claiming that the Presidential Medal of Freedom (mostly given to really major donors, with some cultural icons tossed in) is the "equivalent of the Congressional Medal of Honor but civilian version."  Note that he doesn't even know the name of the Medal of Honor. 

He then goes on to say that the PMoF is actually better: ""It's actually much better because everyone gets the Congressional Medal of Honor," Trump said. "They're soldiers. They're either in very bad shape because they've been hit so many times by bullets or they're dead."

How can any self-respecting vet vote for this guy who has zero respect for them?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Has always been something that was given to donors and cronies?  I looked at the wikipage and it has pictures of Obama giving it to Biden :rolleyes: and Biden giving it to Pelosi :rolleyes: .  I know Trump gave it to people who give him money :x
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Trump gave it to Rush Limbaugh  :lol:

The Presidential Medal of Freedom is sort of like a knighthood. Something you give out to VIPs just for being VIPs. That is not to say plenty of Medal of Freedom winners were not awesome people with amazing achievements but that is not the standard or anything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2024, 09:58:28 PMYou'd think that, wouldn't you?  But no, they still intend to reenact 1968 at the convention.  The fuckers want Trump to win.

Yeah well...good luck with that. I don't think people will be as motivated as the 1968 protestors.

Also I think most Americans are pretty good at just ignoring the Israel-Palestine thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on August 16, 2024, 08:18:50 PMHow can any self-respecting vet vote for this guy who has zero respect for them?
If Hansmeister was still here, he'd tell us.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

The Lincoln Project is making a series of attack ads they pay to air in Florida and New Jersey on Fox News and Golf Channel, to make sure Trump sees them.

And it worked, Trump has sent a ceased and desist letter to get it off the air:

Lol at this one :D

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3oOtADJrm0

Adding on to what Raz raised in a different thread, protestors in Chicago are protesting for reproductive rights and LGBTQ rights, in addition to Palestine.  WTF are they doing at the Democratic convention??  :huh:

Valmy

It is far safer to make demands to people who are already in favor of them.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on August 17, 2024, 01:35:40 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 16, 2024, 08:18:50 PMHow can any self-respecting vet vote for this guy who has zero respect for them?
If Hansmeister was still here, he'd tell us.

I like how he spent years basically saying the Democrats were fascists and the worst people in existence. Then came back here and admitted that Trump was horrible and unfit to be President but he was still supporting him because the Democrats revealed how bad they really were in opposing him. I am still unsure how somebody would be as bad as what Hans had already characterized the Dems as being back in the Bush/Obama era.