News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Canada Election 2021

Started by Josephus, August 15, 2021, 10:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

My riding remains a safe Liberal victory doubling up in 2nd the BQ candidate. I'll be voting for the NDP who in all likelihood will finish 4th.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Where is the NDP getting all their money from?  I've seen more Jagmeet Singh commercials than everyone else combined.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on September 06, 2021, 11:50:22 AM
Where is the NDP getting all their money from?  I've seen more Jagmeet Singh commercials than everyone else combined.

A lot more of him on TikTok too.  ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

I wonder if the Liberals and PCs are waiting till the last 10 days or so before they blitz.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

It's magic!

I thought it was well known they often cheat on their financing with the help or large workers unions in this country.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

It'll be interesting to see how (if) the boisterous anti-Trudeau protests impact the election.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on September 07, 2021, 01:50:24 PM
It'll be interesting to see how (if) the boisterous anti-Trudeau protests impact the election.
Or the loons picketing hospitals in BC.  Sure, they're PPC-types, but the Liberal machine will hang them on the Tories. 
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: Neil on September 07, 2021, 03:01:28 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 07, 2021, 01:50:24 PM
Or the loons picketing hospitals in BC.  Sure, they're PPC-types, but the Liberal machine will hang them on the Tories. 
Some of them are registered to the PCC, but O'Toole told them to go elsewhere.  Not gonna change anything with the Libs though.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Well, PPC types are an off-shoot of the Conservative Party. And it's not like deeply felt and vehemently expressed anti-Trudeau sentiment is that rare among Conservative supporters either.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on September 07, 2021, 05:04:28 PM

Well, PPC types are an off-shoot of the Conservative Party. And it's not like deeply felt and vehemently expressed anti-Trudeau sentiment is that rare among Conservative supporters either.

Define "vehemently".  It seems like it's the first time such a violent protest has taken place from the right.  We usually see these kind of things from the leftist mobs.

Speaking of which, the NDP is now into book burning.  I *wish* I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not, really.  The moment I read the news about the burning of Tintin and Lucky Luke's books (among 5000 others) as they were judged insulting for First Nations and other ethnic minorities, I knew Singh would approve of the gesture.  One more reason among the many why he's unfit to be a Prime Minister for all Canadians.

Btw, BB, what can you tell us about the dude from that New Albertan/Western Bloc?  A separatist devil or a simple nationalist devil? ;)

Jacob

Quote from: viper37 on September 07, 2021, 05:10:21 PM
Define "vehemently".

Vehemently - in a forceful, passionate, or intense manner; with great feeling.

I've come across a non-trivial number of Conservative voters who loathe Trudeau vehemently. And loathing of Trudeau certainly seems like a consistent and central part of the pitch from many of the Conservative voters I've discussed politics with.

Valmy

I mean to be fair Trudeau has a very punchable face...I mean not to Ted Cruz levels but he has it bad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

To be Fair and Balanced (tm), Valmy.

Josephus

There has been a very large anti-Trudeau faction ever since he got elected. Mostly stupid people who blame him for everything, even things he's got nothing to do with.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on September 07, 2021, 06:51:38 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 07, 2021, 05:10:21 PM
Define "vehemently".

Vehemently - in a forceful, passionate, or intense manner; with great feeling.

I've come across a non-trivial number of Conservative voters who loathe Trudeau vehemently. And loathing of Trudeau certainly seems like a consistent and central part of the pitch from many of the Conservative voters I've discussed politics with.
would you say you and CC vehemently oppose the Conservative Party of Canada?