News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Canada Election 2021

Started by Josephus, August 15, 2021, 10:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Barrister

Putting aside the potential symbolism of a truck with Singh's name and picture losing it's wheel, what a very, very strange photo op to set up.  Apparently the plan was for Singh to hand out "Punjabi Poutine" to people in Montreal prior to the debate tonight.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

That sounds delicious - I assume a version of poutine with curry sauce exists? :mmm:

The photo-op reminds me of the time Labour launched their posters/message for the last week of their campaign and there was a literal car-crash :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hut7FDCXcKA
(At about 35 seconds)
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 02, 2021, 12:40:52 PM
That sounds delicious - I assume a version of poutine with curry sauce exists? :mmm:

Here's the recipe:

https://cmkl.ca/2020/05/01/punjabi-poutine-jagmeet-singh/

It's not exactly "poutine" - rather you do make a curry sauce, oven roast some sweet potatoes then add to the curry sauce, then add the cheese curds and serve.  But then again making french fries at home is a PITA so this sounds like a more accessible way to go.

I'm confident it would be delicious though.

Sheilbh

My first instinct is no - but I will be trying that recipe :blush:

I want chips with a curry sauce and cheese curds - or maybe paneer fries - like halloumi fries? :o :hmm:

Edit: I should say for context that there is a standard curry sauce you can get in every fish and chip shop in the country which goes amazingly with chips - and I'm imagining that in particular :ph34r:

Edit: oh no - I really want a curry takeaway for dinner now :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on September 02, 2021, 12:51:03 PM
But then again making french fries at home is a PITA so this sounds like a more accessible way to go.
You need this
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Josephus

The only thing that bothers me about Trudeau is that he called an election now, two years ahead of schedule .He thought he could grab that majority. I've always been a fan of kharma. And for that reason alone I may vote NDP. (I've gone back and forth between Liberals and NDP all my voting life (except my first election when I turned 18 and voted Communist)).

But although I am not partisan in this election, I certainly don't want the Conservatives to win, I'm not irrational after all, and so I may have to vote Liberals. My riding tends to have some close battles between the Liberals and either the NDP or Liberals. So once election gets close I'll check the local polls and vote ABC.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on September 02, 2021, 01:29:29 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 02, 2021, 01:23:44 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 02, 2021, 12:51:03 PM
But then again making french fries at home is a PITA so this sounds like a more accessible way to go.
You need this

No way.

This is what you need to make fries at home.

https://www.amazon.ca/T-fal-FR800051-Ultimate-Clean-Fryer/dp/B00QC2XBYM/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=deep+fryer&qid=1630607321&sr=8-6
Both of you are crazy.  There's too many limited-use kitchen appliances already, and each one I have breaks my heart. 

Oven.  Baking sheet.  Frozen fries packaged by a good, reputable Canadian firm.  That's all you need. 
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2021, 03:33:56 PM
Both of you are crazy.  There's too many limited-use kitchen appliances already, and each one I have breaks my heart. 

Oven.  Baking sheet.  Frozen fries packaged by a good, reputable Canadian firm.  That's all you need.

To be clear - I do not have a home deep-fryer because of the reason you stated - too many limited use appliances already.  And the ones I already have (like a chopper, blender, rice cooker, or Instant Pot) I use more often than I would a home fryer.

But you're fooling yourself if oven fries are anywhere near as good as actually deep-fried fries.  In particular in a poutine.

And McCain's?  All you're getting are frozen potatoes.  Just get something generic.  I'll often buy name-brand food products, but not for frozen fries.

(God Damn we're all old)

Grey Fox

People without fryers are insane. They have more range than a rice cooker, ffs. Get one. Make awesome fish & chips.

Also McCain is the only brand not to use Soy oil when pre-cooking their fries. A god send for my family.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 02, 2021, 03:53:49 PM
People without fryers are insane. They have more range than a rice cooker, ffs. Get one. Make awesome fish & chips.

I can't speak to the range of fryers, but rice cookers have a massive range of applications depending on your diet.

Barrister

I saw a twitter thread (by some rando) bemoaning that abortion rights are at risk in Canada and how important it is not to elect the Conservatives.

This when O'toole openly describes himself as being pro-choice.  When the party platform says nothing about abortion.  Where the party platform explicitly promises not to regulate abortion.  Where, under Harper's majority, they passed no laws about abortion.

So please tell me what threat the Conservatives are to abortion rights in Canada?

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 02, 2021, 03:53:49 PM

Also McCain is the only brand not to use Soy oil when pre-cooking their fries. A god send for my family.

A rice maker does one thing, but it does it very well.  I'm sure we have rice about once a week - certainly a lot more often than we would have fish and chips..  Not to mention which one is healthier for you.

Besides if you really want to fry something you just get out a big pot and some oil.

And if health reasons makes McCain's the better option for your family then by all means buy McCains :hug:.

Grey Fox

Their are 96 forced birth MP in the CPC caucus. That's the threat.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.