News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Trivia Thread Resurrection

Started by Admiral Yi, April 06, 2021, 03:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Basque in the glory of being the first one to get it right (though it took you a minute and 39 seconds to do so).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Sorry, I don't have notifications on.

146 people died in a fire at which factory in New York in 1911?

grumbler

Something Shirt Something.  That's all I remember.  I do recall reading about the fire.  Victims were overwhelming immigrant women, and the fire was, I believe the most deadly in NYC history until 9/11.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on July 03, 2021, 06:41:14 AM
An easy one for some here:  what is the only surviving Pre-Indo-European language native to Europe?

I think that Finnish is native to Europe...  Also all those weird languages in the Caucuses.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

Admiral Yi

What, if any, was the relationship between Thomas Cromwell and Oliver Cromwell?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 03, 2021, 02:30:46 PM
Distant cousin? :hmm:

Aren't they like one century apart from each other?

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on July 03, 2021, 02:43:45 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 03, 2021, 02:30:46 PM
Distant cousin? :hmm:

Aren't they like one century apart from each other?
Yep - hence distant :P Second or third cousin maybe, I'm not sure.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

[spoiler]My source says great grand nephew.[/spoiler]

Valmy

A desire to bath in the blood of Irishmen?

I guess I always thought Oliver was a descendent of Thomas. I guess this is where I learn that is not true.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."