From the "Black People Arrest Themselves" files

Started by CountDeMoney, July 21, 2009, 05:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 27, 2009, 11:51:40 AM
You're presidential material!

Unfortunately, the black side of my family actually consists of African Americans. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2009, 11:54:05 AM
That, plus the other flavorings they use-- coriander, orange peel, etc. (all of which are verboten in German brewing).
Oh right, forgot about that.  The weird spicy flavors in hefeweizen must come solely from the yeast.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Looks like Cambridge released the police tapes of this incident.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32169213/ns/us_news-race_and_ethnicity/

Tape: Cop called Gates uncooperative
Released dispatch recording shows sergeant wanted more backup

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 11:56:53 AM
Oh right, forgot about that.  The weird spicy flavors in hefeweizen must come solely from the yeast.

Yep.  I suspect some funky interactions between the wheat and yeast are at play as well.  I love that clove-like aftertaste that Franziskaner has. 

Great, now I want a beer & it's only 2:30pm  :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: KRonn on July 27, 2009, 01:33:20 PM
Looks like Cambridge released the police tapes of this incident.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32169213/ns/us_news-race_and_ethnicity/

Tape: Cop called Gates uncooperative
Released dispatch recording shows sergeant wanted more backup

Quote"Contrary to published reports that a 'white woman' called 911 (police) and reported seeing 'two black men' trying to gain entry into Mr. Gates home, the woman, who has olive colored skin and is of Portuguese descent, told the 911 operator that she observed 'two men' at the home," the  statement read.

OMG it was all started by a Porkncheese woman!  I like how they make the distinction between Portuguese & 'white'  :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

QuoteSgt. James Crowley said he was with a man who claims to live in the house and with identification showing he was Gates. Crowley said the man was not cooperating and told the dispatcher to "keep the cars coming." 

:lol:
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2009, 01:41:32 PM
OMG it was all started by a Porkncheese woman!  I like how they make the distinction between Portuguese & 'white'  :lol:

I just literally fell out of my chair. Mainly because I was balancing it on one leg, but still.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2009, 01:41:32 PM
I like how her race is somehow relevant to the story. :blink:

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 01:49:12 PM

Well a person who is not white cannot be racist.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

derspiess

You never know, she could have been robed on the bich...

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 27, 2009, 01:45:11 PM
QuoteSgt. James Crowley said he was with a man who claims to live in the house and with identification showing he was Gates. Crowley said the man was not cooperating and told the dispatcher to "keep the cars coming." 

:lol:

Sounds pretty non-cooperative. :yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2009, 01:52:22 PM

Too odd how we feel such a need to make the distinctions. Hey, good thing that maybe she wasn't a completely white person! But then, since when is Portuguese another race?   

alfred russel

Quote from: KRonn on July 27, 2009, 02:44:06 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2009, 01:52:22 PM

Too odd how we feel such a need to make the distinctions. Hey, good thing that maybe she wasn't a completely white person! But then, since when is Portuguese another race?

They at least count as hispanic, but I agree, who cares. Why care about any of this actually?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

So now I can blame the true troublemakers in the world, the eggplant race.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive