News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Teaching History

Started by Sheilbh, August 31, 2020, 12:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

What does "work with" mean? Can they come to schools and talk about their stuff in class? We used to have anti-democratic extremists coming to school and talk to classes, which I think was a much greater sign of democratic strength than insisting that students mustn't ever risk contamination by actually examining them. Of course their views weren't endorsed by the school and their material wasn't used as teaching materials by the school.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Brain on September 27, 2020, 03:12:47 PM
What does "work with" mean? Can they come to schools and talk about their stuff in class? We used to have anti-democratic extremists coming to school and talk to classes, which I think was a much greater sign of democratic strength than insisting that students mustn't ever risk contamination by actually examining them. Of course their views weren't endorsed by the school and their material wasn't used as teaching materials by the school.
I don't know. I thought work with meant collaborate with or let them use the school hall (so no meetings of the local Combat 18 branch, but the Lib Dems are okay). But having said that we definitely didn't have anti-democratic extremists coming to school and talking to classes. I don't think we had any political groups whatsoever talking to classes :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!