January 2021 - What state is America and the World in after Trump?

Started by mongers, January 14, 2017, 01:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2017, 08:07:06 PM
Quote from: Zanza on January 17, 2017, 07:53:30 PM
Will be interesting if the Republican party that Grumbler writes about still exists and will re-exert itself sooner or later or whether Trump did a hostile takeover and will push those "Old Republicans" from the GOP eventually and mould it in his view.

Trump, for all his bluster and the fact that he's got the White House, is so incredibly out of his depth.  He doesn't know policy or politics, and most of the people he is surrounding himself with don't, either.  The ones that do will eventually resign.  Despite their electoral victory, they are all on incredibly thin ice in Washington, DC.

The moment he puts his hand on the Bible on Friday, he will be impeachable.  If he threatens the traditional GOP legislative agenda that Priebus, Pence and Ryan want to run, he and his little group--psycho Flynn, the LL Bean Bond Villain, Uday and Qusay, Mr. and Mrs. Ivanka, and his cyclon wife--will find themselves on the outs very quickly.  The legislative avalanche will crush them, and if the GOP wants him out, he will be out.

As he was right about Pennsylvania, Seedy is right about this.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on January 18, 2017, 09:43:43 AM
Well, as the polls shows, 44% of Americans have a positive view of Trump.  Assuming most Democrats have a negative view of Trump instead of an even split among party ines, that leaves a majority of Republicans with a favorable view of Trump.

44% approval ratings are unprecedentedly BAD, in fact.  Just less than half the counties in the country that Obama won at least once voted for Trump this time, indicating a massive flip in votes.  I don't think your binary view of American voters captures the reality of the situation.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on January 18, 2017, 10:36:23 AM
If the economy improves during his administration, then yeah I agree he'd get a nice bump.

It didn't seem to help Obama.  Though he had other issues that may have drowned out the economic news, i can see that happen even more to trump.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 09:48:05 AM
trump is unique, though. once he proves himself, that number will soar. his honeymoon period will be his entire presidency.

The country is now married to Trump; is there any reason to think that a marriage to Trump would go bad?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on January 19, 2017, 09:36:15 AM
I don't think your binary view of American voters captures the reality of the situation.
Perhaps.  But while I was freaking out about Trump, you said I didn't know the reality of the situation then.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on January 19, 2017, 04:06:25 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 19, 2017, 09:36:15 AM
I don't think your binary view of American voters captures the reality of the situation.
Perhaps.  But while I was freaking out about Trump, you said I didn't know the reality of the situation then.

Correct.  None of the extreme positions you have taken correspond to the reality that I perceive living here and staying informed.

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 18, 2017, 10:41:13 AM
Quote from: Valmy on January 18, 2017, 10:38:50 AM
Oil prices are going back up so he can take credit for that at least :P

Though that is kind of a double-edged sword.

It helps green jobs :yes:

The double edged sword is increased fuel costs, which is more of a universally spread pain than the plague of green jobs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Any more last minute predictions before I close the thread for four years?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zoupa

Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 09:48:05 AM
Quote from: derspiess on January 18, 2017, 09:46:37 AMThis is when they tend to peak-- that honeymoon period.  44% during the honeymoon period is pretty bad.

trump is unique, though. once he proves himself, that number will soar. his honeymoon period will be his entire presidency.

:lmfao:

mongers

OK, thread locked till January 2021, we'll see if anyone got near to the awful reality.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on January 20, 2017, 09:05:58 PM
ahhhh

Does anyone remember how to lock threads you started, as my browser isn't co-operating with the board software.  :hmm: