And we're back!

Main Menu

Former D.C. Mayor Barry charged with stalking

Started by jimmy olsen, July 05, 2009, 11:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on July 05, 2009, 09:11:03 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on July 05, 2009, 08:57:08 PM
Wrong.  I've longed believe that rather than grant statehood, D.C. residents should be exempt from federal taxes.
Better yet, retrocede the inhabited portions of DC back to Maryland, and redefine the District of Colombia to include only the federal triangle, Mall, Congress, and White House (plus all the federal building adjacent to those areas).  Maryland would be entitled to another Congressman, and the former DC could just be a another congressional district.

Problem solved (if the Feds kick in some transition money, and whatnot). :smarty:
I suppose that wouldn't be the worst thing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Nor would it be the best.  Maryland +1 crazy Representative wouldn't be nearly as funny as D.C. the State with two crazy Senators plus one crazy Representative.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on July 05, 2009, 09:33:59 PM
Nor would it be the best.  Maryland +1 crazy Representative wouldn't be nearly as funny as D.C. the State with two crazy Senators plus one crazy Representative.
True, but if it is crazy Senators we want, then we can just make San Francisco, Portland Oregon, New York City, and Boston into states.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

I hadn't realized he was on the council again.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Phillip V

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 05, 2009, 11:06:23 PM
I hadn't realized he was on the council again.  :lol:
Yep. He was just pressing this lady about city issues, but she cried "stalker" like most lying women. Was she black, white, or other?

alfred russel

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 05, 2009, 08:57:08 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on July 05, 2009, 07:31:54 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on July 05, 2009, 07:29:50 PM
This is why D.C. statehood should never happen.
Of course. You want to tax black people, but give them no representation. You disgust me.

Wrong.  I've longed believe that rather than grant statehood, D.C. residents should be exempt from federal taxes.

That is one of the worst ideas ever, but then at least it would get rid of the ghettos.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Quote from: alfred russel on July 06, 2009, 05:54:17 AM
That is one of the worst ideas ever, but then at least it would get rid of the ghettos.

DC would be so hopping! :yeah:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.