News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Former D.C. Mayor Barry charged with stalking

Started by jimmy olsen, July 05, 2009, 11:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Lol, I don't think anyone who's heard of him is surprised by this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31747325/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

QuoteFormer D.C. Mayor Barry charged with stalking
Woman flagged down police about current city council member

AP
updated 33 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Police say former Washington Mayor Marion Barry has been arrested and charged with stalking a woman.

The United States Park Police said Barry, a current D.C. Council member, was arrested Saturday in Washington after a woman flagged down an officer and complained that Barry was stalking her.

Barry was charged with misdemeanor stalking and released.

A message left seeking comment from a spokeswoman for Barry wasn't immediately returned early Sunday.

Barry served four terms as mayor. In his third, he was videotaped in 1990 in a hotel room smoking crack cocaine in an FBI sting. He served six months in prison and in 1994 regained the mayor's office.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Strix

It will be dismissed. He made an honest mistake. She looked just like his crack dealer.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Octavian

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 05, 2009, 11:53:50 AM

Barry served four terms as mayor. In his third, he was videotaped in 1990 in a hotel room smoking crack cocaine in an FBI sting. He served six months in prison and in 1994 regained the mayor's office.

WTF!  :blink:
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Phillip V

Neil

Quote from: Octavian on July 05, 2009, 04:10:06 PM

DC is mostly black.  Urban blacks aren't really known for their morality.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Fate

Quote from: Neil on July 05, 2009, 06:18:03 PM

DC is mostly black.  Urban blacks aren't really known for their morality.

They're your best, last hope for keeping the gay man down.

Neil

Quote from: Fate on July 05, 2009, 06:23:31 PM
They're your best, last hope for keeping the gay man down.
Society will collapse with or without blacks, and once the rule of law breaks down, happy days will be here again, as far as lynching gays goes.

Then again, it might not even be necessary.  Once the supply of AIDS drugs disappears, most worthless elements should destroy themselves in a matter of years.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tonitrus

This is why D.C. statehood should never happen.

Phillip V

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 05, 2009, 07:29:50 PM
Of course. You want to tax black people, but give them no representation. You disgust me.

Neil

Quote from: Phillip V on July 05, 2009, 07:31:54 PM
Of course. You want to tax black people, but give them no representation. You disgust me.
If they want to be represented, they should move somewhere else.

Besides, criminals don't deserve representation.

Tonitrus

Wrong.  I've longed believe that rather than grant statehood, D.C. residents should be exempt from federal taxes.

Neil

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 05, 2009, 08:57:08 PM

Wrong.  I've longed believe that rather than grant statehood, D.C. residents should be exempt from federal taxes.
Now that's just goofy.  They should neither be represented, nor be exempt from taxes.

grumbler

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 05, 2009, 08:57:08 PM
Better yet, retrocede the inhabited portions of DC back to Maryland, and redefine the District of Colombia to include only the federal triangle, Mall, Congress, and White House (plus all the federal building adjacent to those areas).  Maryland would be entitled to another Congressman, and the former DC could just be a another congressional district.

Problem solved (if the Feds kick in some transition money, and whatnot). :smarty:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!