And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 11:43:21 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 06, 2020, 11:41:03 AM
Soon this thread will no longer be needed.

Soon.
I mean let's wait until he's issued all his pardons and looted the White House.

In many ways it's another type of terrifying what a Trump lame duck Presidency looks like - especially when he's been rejected/failed/let down by the people :ph34r:

He is a coward I am not too worried, but his fans will almost certainly cause some violence.

crazy canuck

Soon.

What will the title of your next thread be? 

What does a McConnell Republic look like?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on November 06, 2020, 11:54:12 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 06, 2020, 11:42:45 AM
I really look forward on my local news not reporting on every little thing the US president does, says or tweets.

Amen.

You don't understand. They translate his tweets!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2020, 12:02:09 PM

Soon.

We've had a McConnell Republic since 2014 :ph34r:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

merithyn

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 06, 2020, 12:04:59 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2020, 12:02:09 PM

Soon.

We've had a McConnell Republic since 2014 :ph34r:

When he dies, I swear to you all that I will be one of those crazy people out dancing in the streets. Seriously.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sheilbh

I find it grim watching American news and hearing reporters say that a case will go in front of whatever judge "appointed by President Bush/Obama/Trump/Clinton". Has it always been this way?
Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

Soon.

It ain't over until he's actually dragged out of the White House. He still has months to mess up the country out of spite.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 03:41:15 PM
I find it grim watching American news and hearing reporters say that a case will go in front of whatever judge "appointed by President Bush/Obama/Trump/Clinton". Has it always been this way?

Equally grim watching Republican talking heads defending Trump saying the election is fraudulent because it is "messaging" and legitimate because of the legal challenges.     

merithyn

I don't remember this being the way for most of my adulthood. I'm not sure when that shifted. :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Zoupa on November 06, 2020, 07:20:52 AM
This seems to be a recurring theme for you. Can you point me to a well-known case of a person being "cancelled" (whatever that means) because of the leftist woke mob you so dislike?

I'm seriously drawing a blank here.

Martinus.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on November 06, 2020, 03:44:47 PM

Soon.

It ain't over until he's actually dragged out of the White House. He still has months to mess up the country out of spite.

75.7921990740797 days left. <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

No, the partisan messaging about judges was started by Gingrich in the "Contract on America" days of the Clinton administration, and sort of spread from there.  The Shrubbery was openly committed to appointing only safely partisan judges when the republicans held the Senate, and the Obama administration followed suit when it could.  Twenty-five years ago, who the appointing president was wasn't a reliable indicator of judicial decision-making, but that is no longer true.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Solmyr

Sounds like a broken system when one branch of government appoints another, but the appointments are controlled by the third.