News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 09:41:06 AM
From Maggie Haberman: "Republicans have begun having discussions about how to broach the topic with Mr. Trump of focusing on life after the presidency, and what leaving quietly could mean for his family, his business and his own ability to remain in politics."

After four years the frog has been considering how to broach the topic with the scorpion of not stinging them, and what that could mean for both of them on the other side of the river.

Mr. President...

Mr President... Steiner's 9th Army could not launch the attack and had to retreat.

mongers

Quote from: katmai on November 06, 2020, 09:46:22 AM
Almost fucking over , thank god.

76.0618749999994 days left of his 'presidency'

still plenty of time to trash the joint a bit.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

He will need to maintain a constant tantrum to keep his followers, but otherwise if said followers can be prevented from violence, all Trump is going to do is stuff his family and friends with as much money money and juicy contracts as possible, but I am sure that happens every time, just not on the likely case this will reach.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on November 06, 2020, 10:34:13 AM
He will need to maintain a constant tantrum to keep his followers, but otherwise if said followers can be prevented from violence, all Trump is going to do is stuff his family and friends with as much money money and juicy contracts as possible, but I am sure that happens every time, just not on the likely case this will reach.

Artist's rendition of his last months:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tamas on November 06, 2020, 10:29:21 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 09:41:06 AM
From Maggie Haberman: "Republicans have begun having discussions about how to broach the topic with Mr. Trump of focusing on life after the presidency, and what leaving quietly could mean for his family, his business and his own ability to remain in politics."

After four years the frog has been considering how to broach the topic with the scorpion of not stinging them, and what that could mean for both of them on the other side of the river.

Mr. President...

Mr President... Steiner's 9th Army could not launch the attack and had to retreat.

They're already out there.  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH7zn52M_BA

The Larch

Given what awaits Trump once he's out of the White House I don't think he'll be in a hurry to leave.

Syt

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 06, 2020, 10:47:09 AM
They're already out there.  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH7zn52M_BA

It's great, but I alsways have to mute the volume on these, because the German is too distracting. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PJL

Quote from: Berkut on November 06, 2020, 08:43:42 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2020, 06:50:07 AM
I think sadistic cruelty is a force that powers both extremes.  On the right, there is no need to elaborate.  On the left, I firmly believe that what is behind the cancel culture is a desire to find socially acceptable victim, acceptable due to a misstep or personality flaw, and then just sink their teeth into them and revel in their public destruction.  It's like a bullied nerd finding a special needs kid and taking out their frustration and humiliation on them.

Indeed. And that same things feeds back into empowering the far right, of course. As always, the radicals on both sides desperately need one another.

Indeed, in some ways, the radicals on both sides tend to respect the other side's radicals more than their own moderates. The real divide isn't between left & right but between moderates & extremists.

FunkMonk

Soon this thread will no longer be needed.

Soon.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

I really look forward on my local news not reporting on every little thing the US president does, says or tweets.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 06, 2020, 11:41:03 AM
Soon this thread will no longer be needed.

Soon.
I mean let's wait until he's issued all his pardons and looted the White House.

In many ways it's another type of terrifying what a Trump lame duck Presidency looks like - especially when he's been rejected/failed/let down by the people :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 06, 2020, 11:42:45 AM
I really look forward on my local news not reporting on every little thing the US president does, says or tweets.

Yes.... please.....

Though the habit of reporting on everything Trump says/does isn't going to end immediately. He's going to be just as in our face as ever for at least a few months.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

Quote from: merithyn on November 06, 2020, 11:44:08 AM

Yes.... please.....

Though the habit of reporting on everything Trump says/does isn't going to end immediately. He's going to be just as in our face as ever for at least a few months.

:( Usually, Canadian media moves on in the lame duck period but TDS is real here too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 06:17:44 AM
I can't stand any of the American networks and kind of sympathise with conservative moans (and a lot of AR's moans about covid - I do not think that every report needs to be prefaced with a description of how many people are wearing masks so we can make a moral judgement about those people) about them :ph34r: :bleeding:

But I only watch them once every four years for elections so it's not normal times.

You know you don't have to watch them. They bring absolutely no value to anything. You can get everything they are reporting from the internet without their idiotic commentary to go with it.

I just don't understand your view that only conservatives hate shitty 24 hour news channels. They love them so much they made their own ones so they don't get a pass here on those shitty things.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Amen.