What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 01, 2019, 10:36:06 PM
Quote from: Tamas on July 01, 2019, 09:35:45 AM
So, with the HK protests escalating, did Trump fold his hand prematurely on China?

What do the protests in HK have to do with Trump's trade war?

I'd think if China feels forced to go Tianmen on HK, they could ill afford any economic downturn to go hand in hand with that due to US tariffs and restrictions.

OttoVonBismarck

Unclear what is happening, but Vice President Pence was about to land at a scheduled event in Salem, New Hampshire. The assembled crowd was then summarily told "The Vice President has had to turn around and return to Washington for an emergency." Trump is in Washington today with no scheduled public events.

The Brain

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 02, 2019, 11:01:22 AM
Unclear what is happening, but Vice President Pence was about to land at a scheduled event in Salem, New Hampshire. The assembled crowd was then summarily told "The Vice President has had to turn around and return to Washington for an emergency." Trump is in Washington today with no scheduled public events.

Maybe there was a woman in Salem?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Maybe he realized he went to the wrong Salem.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on July 02, 2019, 11:22:47 AM

Maybe there was a woman in Salem?

:lol:

Barrister

Other news reports push back against the word "emergency", but do suggest he was recalled at Trump's request.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Of course there is an emergency, someone made Donald Trump President of the United States.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 02, 2019, 11:56:35 AM
Of course there is an emergency, someone made Donald Trump President of the United States.

Maybe he doesn't want Pence's witch trial to rain on his parade ratings?

Two M1A1 Abrams tanks and other military vehicles sit on guarded rail cars at a rail yard on July 2, 2019 in Washington, DC
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

OttoVonBismarck

Probably nothing, just your ordinary ineptitude, Pence was probably recalled for some nonsense reason, and the people in this administration don't realize pool reporters and people who follow the movements of the Pres/VP get concerned when things super out of the ordinary happen. Probably also don't realize saying "there's nothing going on", but not giving a simple explanation is prone to causing dangerous speculation.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2019, 11:38:34 AM
Twitter is going wild.

Exec. sum. please, as my twitter app doesn't do any of the trending stuff etc.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on July 02, 2019, 12:13:45 PM
Twitter is going wild.

Sorry just landed. Conspiracy theories around Pence, Putin skipping meeting and reports from a 'verified account' that the 'EU security counsel' was convening.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

It might be nothing, but there are two growing crisis at the moment.  The situation in the Gulf and the protests in Hong Kong.  If the CIA got wind of Chinese orders to crush the Hong Kong protesters that would be a reason to call everyone back.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2019, 01:40:17 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 02, 2019, 12:13:45 PM
Twitter is going wild.

Sorry just landed. Conspiracy theories around Pence, Putin skipping meeting and reports from a 'verified account' that the 'EU security counsel' was convening.

Thanks for the reply, Gaby.

Yes sounds like total nonsense.