News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 24, 2018, 11:06:42 AM
The top law enforcement officer of the United States threatens imprisonment of a private citizen based on her political views:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jeff-sessions-repeats-lock-her-up-chant/ar-AAAm2pE?ocid=spartanntp

He is such a contemptible little shit.

"Sessions criticized universities for " . . . "actively preventing them from scrutinizing the validity of their beliefs.""  -- Yeah, I've got news for you Pot, says Kettle.

:lol:  He's right, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Tamas on July 24, 2018, 11:44:16 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 24, 2018, 11:38:57 AM

We have always been at war with Eastasia

Well yes, that will be the narrative in case the Democrats win big. And it will become an established fact in short order.

This time next year, Derspiess will be defending it as a fact always known.

:huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on July 24, 2018, 12:20:08 PM

Well yes, that will be the narrative in case the Democrats win big. And it will become an established fact in short order.

:huh:

You may want to more actively scrutinize your beliefs  ;)

derspiess

Waiting for one of you gents to tell me what they are.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 24, 2018, 12:18:42 PM

I don't think that is true. Maybe for a few select departments but my experience of the History studies was everybody constantly ripping everybody else a new one.

And it certainly was not true for engineering. Do you really think peer review science and studies is all about a circle jerk? I mean yes I think it might be true in some disciplines but...

What was your major anyway?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 24, 2018, 12:25:41 PM

I don't know.

Though you are the guy who usually labels me and tells me what I think. Well ok you have only done it a few times. BUT IT HURT MAN.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on July 24, 2018, 12:25:41 PM

Well from your post today, we know you agree with Sessions that universities actively prevent their students from doing what I suggested you do.

Oexmelin

No, he's not. It's just one more article of faith for Republicans convinced that higher education is indoctrinating students. They should know, it's been repeated endlessly on FoxNews, that epitome of political introspection and diversity. 
Que le grand cric me croque !

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2018, 12:25:59 PM

I don't think that is true. Maybe for a few select departments but my experience of the History studies was everybody constantly ripping everybody else a new one.

And it certainly was not true for engineering. Do you really think peer review science and studies is all about a circle jerk? I mean yes I think it might be true in some disciplines but...

International Relations

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on July 24, 2018, 12:59:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2018, 12:25:59 PM

International Relations

Did you ever do non-carnal?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Jacob

I don't think so.

He'll just imply it with emoticons and "am I kidding or am I not, nobody can tell" one-liners.

Habbaku

The top law enforcement officer of the United States threatens imprisonment of a private citizen based on her political views:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jeff-sessions-repeats-lock-her-up-chant/ar-AAAm2pE?ocid=spartanntp

"Sessions criticized universities for " . . . "actively preventing them from scrutinizing the validity of their beliefs.""  -- Yeah, I've got news for you Pot, says Kettle.

Pretty funny that a bunch of non-college educated Republicans and guys who haven't set foot in a university in a decade keep repeating this. Do you have any proof?

I've been in college the last four years at a large, public university in a liberal, urban environment that is majority minority and majority female and have yet to run into an inability to question beliefs of anyone.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2018, 01:20:57 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 24, 2018, 12:59:36 PM

International Relations

Oh...Huh. Well how was it? :P

It was a blast.  Mish-mash of political science, geography, foreign language and history.  Didn't really use it in my career, but I married me a Latina!

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on July 24, 2018, 01:42:17 PM

Pretty funny that a bunch of non-college educated Republicans and guys who haven't set foot in a university in a decade keep repeating this. Do you have any proof?

Do you want me to list all the times conservatives have been shut out of speaking at universities?