Detroit thread. Post Kwame, Monica, and $1 houses here.

Started by MadImmortalMan, March 17, 2009, 12:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

Savonarola

And in the northern suburbs:

QuoteAuthorities: Southfield woman shoots lover after accusing him of bad sex, cheating

Southfield — He was low on ammo. She wasn't.

A Southfield woman convicted in April of shooting her married lover because he didn't ejaculate enough after coitus has been released from jail pending an appeal of her 10 year sentence.

According to the Oakland County Jail, Sadie Bell was released on Thursday after posting a $10,000 cash/surety bond pending an appeal of her sentence.

The bond was set by Circuit Judge Phyllis McMillen on Wednesday.

Bell, 58, was sentenced on June 26 after being convicted of intent to do great bodily harm, plus felony firearm, after she wounded Edward Lee, her married boyfriend of 15 years.

According to the Southfield Police Department, officers were called to an apartment complex in the 20000 block of Wakefield shortly after 5 p.m. on July 28, 2013 on a report of a domestic dispute. There they found Bell and Lee.

"She was cooperative and we recovered a Smith & Wesson semi-automatic handgun," Deputy Chief Nick Louissa said.

In a later statement, Bell said she was upset by Lee's poor performance. She also accused him of cheating on her after noting that he hadn't produced much ejaculate after their tryst.

"She was pretty graphic about why she had shot him," Assistant Oakland County Prosecutor Paul Walton said. "She was convinced he was having an affair. She reached this conclusion by the fact that he didn't produce enough ejaculate. So she shot him in the stomach."

Lee, 60, spent five weeks in the hospital and underwent major surgeries for damage to his pancreas, colon, liver and kidney.

According to Walton, the granting of the bond was highly unusual in this type of case.

"She appealed to the district court for an appeal bond," Walton said. "We have a state court ruling that says that after a conviction for an offense, especially a violent offense, the court shall remand that person into custody while they await sentencing. Our position is that she had already received her sentence, she wasn't awaiting."

This isn't the first time Bell has picked up a weapon.

"In 1991, she shot her husband," Walton said. "A report was taken but the husband refused to cooperate so there was no prosecution. But she clearly has a demonstrated history of violence."

The prosecutor's office has filed an appeal with McMillen.

"If she grants it, then it's done," Walton said. "If not, we'll move up to the Court of Appeals."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140718/METRO02/307180056#ixzz37psMF0ug

The woman in question

Notice how her eyes seem to follow you wherever you go.  :o
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Phillip V

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ancient Demon

Looking like that, she should be grateful he ejaculated at all.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Phillip V

DGuller

You'd think that after 15 years, the guy would be allowed to have an off night.

Admiral Yi

Heard on NPR that some Canadians are bringing water across the border to distribute to Detroiters who's water has been shut off.  :uffda:

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2014, 12:36:50 AM
Heard on NPR that some Canadians are bringing water across the border to distribute to Detroiters who's water has been shut off.  :uffda:

I'll save you again don't worry Detroit
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2014, 12:36:50 AM
That'll stop once enough of them have been shot.  Detroit is in Mad Max times.
PDH!