CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on October 23, 2016, 03:31:07 AM

They still don't get it, and they never will.  :lol:

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 23, 2016, 07:06:02 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 23, 2016, 03:31:07 AM
Racist image?

They still don't get it, and they never will.  :lol:

What do you need to bring to vote in the US? The voter thingie you get in the mail?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zoupa on October 23, 2016, 11:45:59 AM
What do you need to bring to vote in the US? The voter thingie you get in the mail?

Not even that.

Admiral Yi

It operates on the honor system, basically.  You give them your name and address, and if it matches a name and address on the voter register, and someone at the poll doesn't know that's not you, you can vote.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 23, 2016, 01:33:57 PM

It operates on the honor system, basically.  You give them your name and address, and if it matches a name and address on the voter register, and someone at the poll doesn't know that's not you, you can vote.

Utterly baffling from the perspective of the rest of the world.

garbon

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 23, 2016, 01:35:19 PM

And that's why the rest of you get a puny little portion and we run the game with the whole lot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon
And that's why the rest of you get a puny little portion and we run the game with the whole lot.

I think there are more weighty reasons for that than your voter registration system.

Bottom line, I think, is for the US to reform the voter registration system fairly it would need a well administered national ID program of some sort. If that's not in place then any call for ID to vote basically boils down to partisan attempts at voter disenfranchisement.

CountDeMoney

You go and vote.  You don't go and vote then get back in line to vote in someone else's name, or drive elsewhere to vote in someone else's name. That's pretty fucking stupid. 

Of course, we don't ask for zee papers please and then put everybody in cattle cars either and send them to ovens, so YMMV.

Hamilcar

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 23, 2016, 02:10:22 PM
Of course, we don't ask for zee paper's please and then put everybody in cattle cars either and send them to ovens, so YMMV.

No, you just declare people to be "savages", sign worthless treaties, take their land and children, hand them smallpox blankets and then finally put them in "special parts of the country" where they can drink themselves to death. But eventually you'll let them vote.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 23, 2016, 02:12:51 PM
Of course, we don't ask for zee paper's please and then put everybody in cattle cars either and send them to ovens, so YMMV.

No, you just declare people to be "savages", sign worthless treaties, take their land and children, hand them smallpox blankets and then finally put them in "special parts of the country" where they can drink themselves to death. But eventually you'll let them vote.

I really don't see what bringing Canadians into the discussion has anything to do with this.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on October 23, 2016, 02:06:14 PM
Quote from: garbon

I think there are more weighty reasons for that than your voter registration system.

Bottom line, I think, is for the US to reform the voter registration system fairly it would need a well administered national ID program of some sort. If that's not in place then any call for ID to vote basically boils down to partisan attempts at voter disenfranchisement.

I don't see why we need to reform our voter registration system (weren't we talking about actual voting)? I also don't see why we'd need to reform our voting system either.

Oh and as for a national ID? Even here in the United Kingdom of Please Watch All That I Do on CCTV, the populace wasn't having that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 23, 2016, 02:14:41 PM

I really don't see what bringing Canadians into the discussion has anything to do with this.

Preach.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on October 23, 2016, 02:06:14 PM

You lost me.  Why is a national ID OK and the state one not?

Hamilcar

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 23, 2016, 02:14:41 PM

:D

mongers

Not really, as it's exactly the same in the UK and I'd guess some other states to.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"