A few questions to the Americans re: Presidential Elections 2016

Started by Syt, October 10, 2016, 02:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Quote from: derspiess on October 12, 2016, 03:37:59 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 12, 2016, 03:03:57 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 12, 2016, 01:11:13 AM
I'll preface this by saying I would absolutely vote for Clinton before Trump

Is there some significance to your use of the conditional here?

He has better things to do that day.  I know I do.

I'm in one of the bluest states in the country, if I voted this year I'd probably just vote opposite of my wife to get a rise out of her.   :blush:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

mongers

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 12, 2016, 04:47:08 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 12, 2016, 03:37:59 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 12, 2016, 03:03:57 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 12, 2016, 01:11:13 AM
I'll preface this by saying I would absolutely vote for Clinton before Trump

Is there some significance to your use of the conditional here?

He has better things to do that day.  I know I do.

I'm in one of the bluest states in the country, if I voted this year I'd probably just vote opposite of my wife to get a rise out of her.   :blush:

America's blue and red states confuse me.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Alcibiades: you seem to be basing your indictment on the erroneous assumption that Clinton routinely sent and received classified documents over her private email server.  My understanding is the IG only found like six or seven docs that were classified plain vanilla nobody gives a shit secret *after* they had been sent traveled through that server.

Course that begs the question of how she *did* handle classified docs (did she maintain a separate, official email?) and if anybody knows, I would be happy to be enlightened.

Mongers: very counterintuitive, yes.  A cruel trick played by Paul Begala, one of Bubba's political flunkies.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 12, 2016, 04:26:01 PM
Meh, I still can't go home at the end of the day and send a gmail to someone about a question I had or something I read about or was briefed on that day.  My boss can't do it, my Corps commander, who we brief and is partially responsible for your favorite area in the entire world, can't do it, why is your beloved any different?

No, no you can't.  And guess what, she couldn't either.  And she got dinged for it.  Mentioning the covert drone program when the covert drone program is mentioned in a newspaper article about the covert drone program is a no-no, and she was taken to task by the FBI director in his testimony to Congress accordingly.

QuoteMaybe you're just acting ignorant, but perhaps you'll recall the director of central intelligence in recent years?  He was held accountable and lost his clearance, and faced punitive actions, but was let off lightly too.  Do I need to have a vagina and be a complete mystery to you for you to get what i'm putting out?

I recall the Director of Central Intelligence knowingly and intentionally removing physical material that was marked to be stored in a SCIF, knowingly and intentionally handing it over to an unauthorized person he was fucking, and knowingly and intentionally lying to FBI investigators about it after being questioned:  which just so happens to be a felony.   So what you're putting out is bullshit.   

QuoteYou can't, and should not, have double standards just because you are higher on the totem pole.

Degrees of intent and severity and obstruction.  But thank you for being so obtuse; you're everything we've come to expect from years of government training. 

Now be sure to put the next person you see walking away from their laptop with their PIV card still in it in a Ranger choke hold until the tactical unit arrives.   

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I have tremendous hate in my heart.  And I just fucking emailed it.

Alcibiades

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 12, 2016, 06:48:00 PM
Now be sure to put the next person you see walking away from their laptop with their PIV card still in it in a Ranger choke hold until the tactical unit arrives.   

That's a pretty big infraction now, too.  :XD:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Goddamned right it is.  Unfortunately, it happens so often the Chinese already know about it, what with them being in the future and all.

Alcibiades

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 12, 2016, 07:42:08 PM
Tim will be doing some soul searching.

He's always been a loon. Thankfully he's a great football player.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2016, 04:06:24 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 12, 2016, 10:11:13 AM
But there is definitely the belief of a double standard here in the intelligence community and its frustrating.

Why is that frustrating? If you were made Secretary of Defense wouldn't you expect your valuable time to not be taken up with this kind of stuff?

And soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen violate the rules against disclosure of confidential information ALL THE TIME.  Ship getting underway from the twelfth to the sixteenth?  Everyone knows it:  landlords ("I can't pay the rent on the twelfth, we're getting underway then"), the car mechanic ("I can't pick up my car until after we get back on the sixteenth"), pizza delivery guys, everybody.  Yet, if that date is written down, you have to put a "(C)" in front of it.

Did Clinton's staff fuck up?  Yep.  just like every staff ever.  But we are not talking about revealing the technical specs of the nuclear command and control system here, we are talking about mixing confidential material with unclassified material and storing it inappropriately, and about not correctly tracking down all the unclassified information that was retroactively classified.

The vilification of Clinton over relatively trivial stuff that she has already apologized for is mystifying.  The constant excusing of Trump for his contempt for the truth is even more mystifying in the context of Hilary Clinton's mis-steps being unforgivable.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!