A few questions to the Americans re: Presidential Elections 2016

Started by Syt, October 10, 2016, 02:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2016, 09:36:27 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 12, 2016, 01:11:13 AM
And the whole email thing stinks, I'd be in jail for mishandling classified information and that is not me embellishing or overstating in the least. 

I am sorry were you a cabinet secretary? A general?

It just strikes me as idiotic to expect somebody responsible for our entire foreign policy should also be held responsible for piddly shit like e-mail security and protocol. Her staff should be managing that shit. What does the President also have to look through his garbage to see if he accidentally threw something compromising away?

But that is just me, a state employee. The idea we would hold one of our commissioners responsible for this kind of nonsense is mind blowing. I know you feds are supposed to be morons but come on.

And of course there was a full investigation that turned up that she did nothing wrong but somehow she would still in prison but for what? Evil? Conspiracy? Demonic Sacrifices? I don't know.

I didn't realize you staties deal with classified information. Overclassification is real, you better not leak those garbage pickup routes!  :mad:

And maybe grumbler is too old to realize what kind of transformation has taken place since Manning/Snowdon but the handling of classified information is beaten into our heads to an unbelievable degree. And if one of my soldiers in my shop mishandles classified information I am absolutely liable. There are officers being tried now for 'mishandling' classified information. Its wrong that she used her own server to house classified information, if I took anything off of the closed classified networks and put them on any private network even to an unauthorized location it would be inexcusable.

Everyone is trained on this, including her, she's signed the nondisclosure paperwork and taken the security training. Whether she just signed it without reading/taking the course is a definite possibility. But there is definitely the belief of a double standard here in the intelligence community and its frustrating. Sorry if that's not easily understandable.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

Quote from: derspiess on October 12, 2016, 10:03:14 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 12, 2016, 10:01:31 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2016, 01:38:48 AM
Ah the hypocrisy of only caring about Clinton emails.

Trump isn't even worth discussing, he's unqualified to be president. The only :redeeming quality' about him is that he is a non-establishment candidate. That believes vaccines cause autism, global warming is a hoax, and that Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya.

You're missing the formula, though.  If you don't spend at least 2x the time bashing Trump as you do criticizing Hillary, you are obviously a closet Trump supporter.

I would have preferred Sanders or Warren. Seedy is going to be staking out my house now. :weep:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Berkut

Trump isn't even worth discussing, he's unqualified to be president. The only :redeeming quality' about him is that he is a non-establishment candidate. That believes vaccines cause autism, global warming is a hoax, and that Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya.

+1
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

I wasn't thinking about Trump.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 12, 2016, 09:58:45 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 12, 2016, 09:52:24 AM
I'll preface this by saying I would absolutely vote for Clinton before Trump,

That is an insufficient level of Hillary support here.  BAN HIM

Yeah, no joke!   :lol:

My apologies I was anxious to discuss the email issue with somebody, but I generally refrain from politics outside of the board so I jumped on my chance :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on October 12, 2016, 10:03:14 AM

You're missing the formula, though.  If you don't spend at least 2x the time bashing Trump as you do criticizing Hillary, you are obviously a closet Trump supporter.

No, the formula for you is that you spent 100% of your time regurgitating the latest you heard from Rush on Clinton while mocking anyone who says anything negative about Trump, and then wonder why nobody believes you.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on October 12, 2016, 11:04:27 AM
No, the formula for you is that you spent 100% of your time regurgitating the latest you heard from Rush on Clinton while mocking anyone who says anything negative about Trump, and then wonder why nobody believes you.

:lol: Okay Berkut.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I'll preface this by saying I would absolutely vote for Clinton before Trump

Is there some significance to your use of the conditional here?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 12, 2016, 03:03:57 PM
I'll preface this by saying I would absolutely vote for Clinton before Trump

Is there some significance to your use of the conditional here?

He has better things to do that day.  I know I do.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 12, 2016, 10:11:13 AM
Everyone is trained on this, including her, she's signed the nondisclosure paperwork and taken the security training. Whether she just signed it without reading/taking the course is a definite possibility. But there is definitely the belief of a double standard here in the intelligence community and its frustrating. Sorry if that's not easily understandable.

What's easily understandable is the fact that your lunchbox GS-12/13 ass is still making an equivalence between what you handle on a daily basis and what an ES/Cabinet appointment deals with at their 30,000 ft level.
Double standard, hilarious.  Of course there's a double standard, and guess what:  the important SCIF shit you handle on a daily basis is a hell of a lot more important that what Hillary herself handled--because she had a staff doing it for her.  She Executive, You Not.

There's a saying in police departments, "the Chief doesn't write speeding tickets."   And the Secretary of State doesn't print out her own TS briefing tear sheets--because she's in the fucking room with the NSC and the President.

For someone in Intelligence, you're pretty fucking thick on how government works.   You don't like it, get detailed to the SES development program so you can have perks like a staff, too.

Valmy

But there is definitely the belief of a double standard here in the intelligence community and its frustrating.

Why is that frustrating? If you were made Secretary of Defense wouldn't you expect your valuable time to not be taken up with this kind of stuff?

Alcibiades

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 12, 2016, 04:03:57 PM

What's easily understandable is the fact that your lunchbox GS-12/13 ass is still making an equivalence between what you handle on a daily basis and what an ES/Cabinet appointment deals with at their 30,000 ft level.
Double standard, hilarious.  Of course there's a double standard, and guess what:  the important SCIF shit you handle on a daily basis is a hell of a lot more important that what Hillary herself handled--because she had a staff doing it for her.  She Executive, You Not.

There's a saying in police departments, "the Chief doesn't write speeding tickets."   And the Secretary of State doesn't print out her own TS briefing tear sheets--because she's in the fucking room with the NSC and the President.

For someone in Intelligence, you're pretty fucking thick on how government works.   You don't like it, get detailed to the SES development program so you can have perks like a staff, too.

Meh, I still can't go home at the end of the day and send a gmail to someone about a question I had or something I read about or was briefed on that day.  My boss can't do it, my Corps commander, who we brief and is partially responsible for your favorite area in the entire world, can't do it, why is your beloved any different?

Maybe you're just acting ignorant, but perhaps you'll recall the director of central intelligence in recent years?  He was held accountable and lost his clearance, and faced punitive actions, but was let off lightly too.  Do I need to have a vagina and be a complete mystery to you for you to get what i'm putting out?   

You can't, and should not, have double standards just because you are higher on the totem pole.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2016, 04:06:24 PM
But there is definitely the belief of a double standard here in the intelligence community and its frustrating.

Why is that frustrating? If you were made Secretary of Defense wouldn't you expect your valuable time to not be taken up with this kind of stuff?

Not taken up with this kind of stuff?  The most basic rules that everyone is required to abide by?  That the whole condition under which you are revealed important information is based on?  I get it, everyone is exceptionally busy, and I have no doubt she doesn't know and never read the regulations and laws regarding it.  I have zero problem with that given that most senior leaders are 'too busy' for it.  However, there were definitely people that work for her that are responsible in keeping her in the loop and making sure she doesn't do anything illegal.  Was that individual over ruled? Relegated to the corner because following the rules that everyone else has to is inconvenient?  That's honestly the most likely answer, because following the law when it comes to properly handling classified information is a real pain in the ass.  Seriously, it's a struggle and a major pain in the ass every single day, and most of it is overly cautious and ridiculous.

But, I mean, if you think its ok to let things like this slip, that's up to you.  I don't begrudge your opinion, and it's just one of the little things that bothers me.  But I'm not out there rallying against her or saying death to Hillary like I see all over social media, because at the end of the day I'm very apathetic about the whole thing and the election in general.