And we're back!

Main Menu

#FreeMarcin

Started by Fireblade, July 27, 2016, 09:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2016, 10:03:24 AM
Marti and Milo appear to be living parallel lives :D

FreeMarcin ... with purchase of Milo of equal value.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grinning_Colossus

I would also like to voice my tepid support. Martinus is insufferable in several different ways, but when he's not interacting with us, he's presumably interacting with other people--who we can only assume have much thinner skins than we. Let's take one for the (human) team.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

OttoVonBismarck

I wasn't aware he was banned forever, if so that seems unnecessary. Marti is terrible much of the time and occasionally needs time outs after explosions of bad behavior, but I don't see a reason to make it permanent.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh.  I had wondered where he was.  A permaban is way too much for that.  C'mon now.

derspiess

I guess the lesson to be learned here is that you never call Jacob a kind and sensitive person.  Yowza!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2016, 10:44:05 AM
I guess the lesson to be learned here is that you never call Jacob a kind and sensitive person.  Yowza!

I think that was just the kind and sensitive person that broke the camel's back.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

#RepeatOffenderWillBeBannedAgainAnyway
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

OttoVonBismarck

I'd agree he'll be banned again, I guess I don't see that as a problem. It's not like it's a major deal to ban someone when they act up.

Agelastus

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2016, 10:03:24 AM
Marti and Milo appear to be living parallel lives :D

But who will be their Plutarch? :hmm:

Also, I add my meagre voice to the call to unban Martinus.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

grumbler

Marti adds zero value to the board as far as I am concerned, but neither is he a meaningful enough poster to take much away.  I am indifferent to his return per se, but there are people who care, so I say let him come back... if only to give the mods the pleasure of banning him again.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Liep

I think this time it'll be all right.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Valmy

I didn't not elect my mod masters for them to call for plebiscites! What is this? The UK?  :mad:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2016, 11:30:56 AM
I didn't not elect my mod masters for them to call for plebiscites! What is this? The UK?  :mad:

Indeed. :ultra:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on July 27, 2016, 11:35:40 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2016, 11:30:56 AM

Indeed. :ultra:

What've you got against the UK? :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?