News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shootings and explosions in Paris

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2015, 04:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on November 13, 2015, 06:09:41 PM
It appears the hostage takers have explosives on them and reloaded 3 times whilemachine-gunning the crowd before taking the survivors hostage

Fuck.  :cry:

It's a death metal concert, so probably lots of kids.

Grallon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 13, 2015, 06:01:43 PM
Hollande has declared a state of emergency and closed France's borders.

He's growing some balls at last...  So is it clear whether or not Muslims are involved?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on November 13, 2015, 06:13:32 PM

He's growing some balls at last...  So is it clear whether or not Muslims are involved?

G.

Not yet but I would be surprised if it was anyone else.

The Brain

Let's await some facts. It's not like Islam is the only death cult in recent history. The Irish, Communists, etc...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

G.

The only thing I have heard is that there were shouts of "Allahu Akbar" at the theatre..............plus there are not really any other suspects doing the rounds in Western Europe atm.

Malicious Intent

Quote from: Martinus on November 13, 2015, 06:14:37 PM

G.

Not yet but I would be surprised if it was anyone else.

German news had reports of terrorists shouting "alahu akbar" while opening fire.

Tamas

Explosions and shooting heard in the last 20 minutes from the concert hall

mongers

I think the police's hand will be forced and they'll have to go into the music venue to stop more killings.

edit:
Just seen this on France24 within the last few minutes, reports of gunfire and explosions (possibly stun/concussion grenades) from area of music hall.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on November 13, 2015, 06:24:05 PM
Explosions and shooting heard in the last 20 minutes from the concert hall
I heard 6 explosions live on tv, that's, well, that's terrible.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on November 13, 2015, 06:25:19 PM
I think the police's hand will be forced and they'll have to go into the music venue to stop more killings.

edit:
Just seen this on France24 within the last few minutes, reports of gunfire and explosions (possibly stun/concussion grenades) from area of music hall.

There is a report of a journalist making it out alive of a concert hall. Apparently, they are shooting the hostages one after another.

I am seriously evaluating my stance on immigration atm, btw.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on November 13, 2015, 06:32:20 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 13, 2015, 06:25:19 PM

edit:

There is a report of a journalist making it out alive of a concert hall. Apparently, they are shooting the hostages one after another.

Why?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Police are mounting an assault on the venue.

edit:
French security sources confirm 7 separate attacks.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 13, 2015, 06:32:20 PM

Let's not fight but I think your energies, if directed towards self-focused thoughts would be better aimed at why you jump so quickly to hate on wide swathes of people. Why you generalise to the extreme.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.