News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mattress

Started by Monoriu, October 30, 2015, 10:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 30, 2015, 11:32:05 AM
There's a site called ilovedetroitmichigan.com? SMH.

For people who love to keep it real.   :cool:

Sorry that the pictures aren't linking from there.  The Obama Gas Station was a nice chuckle in some pretty bleak years.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Brazen

Memory foam is good but can get a bit sweaty. I've got one with a layer of memory foam over springs and a mattress cover with heat transporting fabric designed by NASA. Mmm, space coolness.

Caliga

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 30, 2015, 10:45:53 AM
Tempurpedic
Yes please.  Kentucky would like your business Mono. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

I almost literally make my own bed each night, I have two large feather filled bolsters, mainly goose feathers for strength and shape, a thin but stiff insulating wool/man-made blanket sits on top and it's all held together with a thick cotton quilted outer. The underside of the arrangement is the outer of a oldish regular mattress of mine that I scrapped to form the base.

Semi-looking around for some large wool-sacks to make a more deluxe retro-version, but these are hard to source in the UK.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Quote from: mongers on October 30, 2015, 04:47:18 PM
I almost literally make my own bed each night, I have two large feather filled bolsters, mainly goose feathers for strength and shape, a thin but stiff insulating wool/man-made blanket sits on top and it's all held together with a thick cotton quilted outer. The underside of the arrangement is the outer of a oldish regular mattress of mine that I scrapped to form the base.

Semi-looking around for some large wool-sacks to make a more deluxe retro-version, but these are hard to source in the UK.  :hmm:

What's the chick verdict?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Monoriu

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 30, 2015, 10:45:53 AM
Tempurpedic

I see this brand in HK all the time.  Quite popular here.  But is it foam-based?  I am more used to spring-based.  I think I have slept on Simmons mattresses all my life. 

Razgovory

Depends, how much do you like your wife?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

How thick are your mattresses?  Mine is currently 14 inches thick, and we want to try a 16 inch thick mattress.  My experience is that the thicker it is, the more comfortable I am.  But there is a trade off.  Thick mattresses are (1) too heavy to lift, (2) difficult to climb onto and (3) it limits the height of the bedframe that we can buy, so that the storage space under the mattress is limited.