News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

http://www.etonline.com/news/171976_exclusive_has_the_walking_dead_cast_paul_jesus_monroe_see_first_look_photos_from_set/

But it appears to be a behind the scenes photo. It could be they were just filming scenes for an episode with Glenn in the same place as an episode without him.

But...it does all seem rather suspicious that there's such a big mystery around it. Makes me suspect he may well be back- somebody comes running in to save him from the horde right after we left the scene?
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

to be honest I'm find with Glenn dying now. I think that having him miraculously survive a horde of zombies may cheapen it all. Since the little girl died coming out of the tool shed, I've gotten used to the idea that main characters die on The Walking Dead, that's always been its appeal.

Comic Spoiler:

[spoiler]And though I don't read the comics, I'm to understand that Glenn dies in it (albeit in different circumstnces involving a baseball bat([/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Queequeg

Quote from: KRonn on October 27, 2015, 10:22:02 AM
But, as we learn, the real dangers ain't the zombies, it's what the people do once there's no authority.

Yep, that seems the biggest factor. The walkers/zombies, though deadly, are often more like a side issue or nuisance to work around, except of course when they herd up.
IDK.  I kind of suspect that the big problem, at least initially, would be mental illness.  You'd quickly be seeing cases of PTSD like we can't even imagine.  People aren't programmed to fight off reanimated stinking corpses of their loved ones that are trying to break open their chest cavity and eat their organs raw.  I think a lot of people would give up.  I might.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on October 29, 2015, 02:46:09 AM
But, as we learn, the real dangers ain't the zombies, it's what the people do once there's no authority.

Yep, that seems the biggest factor. The walkers/zombies, though deadly, are often more like a side issue or nuisance to work around, except of course when they herd up.
IDK.  I kind of suspect that the big problem, at least initially, would be mental illness.  You'd quickly be seeing cases of PTSD like we can't even imagine.  People aren't programmed to fight off reanimated stinking corpses of their loved ones that are trying to break open their chest cavity and eat their organs raw.  I think a lot of people would give up.  I might.

I think PTSD is overrated. Our great-grandpas and grandfathers went through horrors in the World Wars we can't even imagine. But they (most of them) dealt with it and built normal lives.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Tamas on October 29, 2015, 05:12:48 AM

I think PTSD is overrated. Our great-grandpas and grandfathers went through horrors in the World Wars we can't even imagine. But they (most of them) dealt with it and built normal lives.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Queequeg

World War One veterans went on to live normal lives?

They threw a second, bigger world war 20 years later.  The Russian Revolution.  Nazism.  Fascism.   :huh:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

viper37

It was called "shell-shock" then.  Or treated as cowardice, hence why many got shot/hanged by their own troops.
but even in modern war, where PTSD is diagnosed, the majority of soldiers don't come back with PTSD.  That does not make it overrated, imho. It's like saying "malaria is overrated, most of our soldiers in WWII died from ennemy bullets, not some silly microbe".  Yet, we vaccinate soldiers against all kind of diseases for the places they are sent to.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Queequeg on October 29, 2015, 07:52:15 AM

World War One veterans went on to live normal lives?

They threw a second, bigger world war 20 years later.  The Russian Revolution.  Nazism.  Fascism.   :huh:
that's normal behavior.  it's the european peace that came after WWII that was abnormal ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

Tamas

BUT I still disagree with Psellus: people wouldn't throw up their hands and die by the masses during a zombie apocalypse just because they couldn't face the new reality. Some would. Decisive majority would struggle on to survive.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tamas on October 29, 2015, 12:50:40 PM
BUT I still disagree with Psellus: people wouldn't throw up their hands and die by the masses during a zombie apocalypse just because they couldn't face the new reality. Some would. Decisive majority would struggle on to survive.

I think most zombie apocalypse scenarios have the majority dying before they even really know what's happening.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 29, 2015, 01:00:34 PM
Quote from: Tamas on October 29, 2015, 12:50:40 PM

I think most zombie apocalypse scenarios have the majority dying before they even really know what's happening.

:rolleyes: ok, majority of survivors of the initial apocalypse, then.

lustindarkness

Morgan's episode was The Good, even if a bit slow, very well done.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 29, 2015, 06:49:21 AM

You have no idea what you are talking about.

In his defense, the term "PTSD" gets thrown around quite a bit to describe a wide variety of combat related mental illness.  Everything from conversion disorders to brain damage.  When you see people with very severe problems in the news they often use "PTSD" to describe it when it's actually something far more serious like psychosis.  Not to say it "PTSD" isn't bad, flashbacks are not fun, but it's not the same as having the irresistible compulsion to kill everyone you meet.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017