U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Afghan Allies’ Abuse of Boys

Started by Syt, September 21, 2015, 04:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on September 21, 2015, 05:07:49 PM
They can't legally consent, yes.

Well, I'm glad we agree.  Of course, realistically these are people he sees as subhuman scum so probably wouldn't want to have sexual contact with them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

See, Raz, this is the problem with you. You made what seemed like a witty one-liner at first - and that was fine. But now you are arguing it as if it was a valid point - and that's when you are becoming a nasty nutcase.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 22, 2015, 12:06:04 AM
See, Raz, this is the problem with you. You made what seemed like a witty one-liner at first - and that was fine. But now you are arguing it as if it was a valid point - and that's when you are becoming a nasty nutcase.

garbon insists with arguing with me over it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

garbon

Actually I just responded to BB to agree that it wasn't a fair comment. You chose to respond to me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Why do you all keep on acknowledging his delusions?  At times I've doubted Razberry's claim to insanity, thinking it an elaborate internet persona, but his fixation on me is so monomaniac that I have to conclude he is indeed unhinged.

As for the topic at hand, after the excesses at Abu Ghraib, this latest display of US military laxism is not so much shocking as it is profoundly depressing.  If you can't root out the practice at large at least maintain order in your own bases for fuck' sake!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Ideologue

Raz may or may not be insane.  But if he is, underlying that insanity is just a run of the mill bad personality.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on September 22, 2015, 08:04:04 AM
Raz may or may not be insane.  But if he is, underlying that insanity is just a run of the mill bad personality.
:yes: He uses his mental problems as an excuse for plain shitty behavior at times.  He wasn't this way when he started posting here.

lustindarkness

Quote from: DGuller on September 22, 2015, 08:42:24 AM
:yes: He uses his mental problems as an excuse for plain shitty behavior at times.  He wasn't this way when he started posting here.

Don't blame it on us! :mad:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 22, 2015, 08:42:24 AM

I'll be sure to mind by Ps and Qs in regards to the goddamn pedophile Nazi. <_<

11B4V

Bah, just the toxicity of this place.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".