Ashley Madison offers £300,000 reward amid reports of member suicides

Started by Syt, August 24, 2015, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Exactly.

The sacred Canticles of Grumbler denouncing the heretic Raz are inviolable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on August 25, 2015, 10:43:35 AM

I don't give a fuck that they were outed, I give a fuck that their personal and private information was outed, and that people are so apparently gleeful and smug about it.

Personally, I don't give two shits about them per se - I do care about respect for basic human rights, and hence derive zero pleasure from wholesale violations of them.

Berkut, what crime do you think was committed by outing someone (not getting the information to begin with)?  Could you tell me exactly what right protects you from the communications of a third party?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on August 25, 2015, 11:19:10 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 25, 2015, 10:53:28 AM
I met up with DGuller, who thought he was meeting with Dorsey, and told him--in confidence!- that I had an alternate account that was Alfred Russel. Like 7 or 8 years later he told the mods by PM.

My basic human rights were violated. :(

Was this all through Ashley Madison?

grindr (not sure if I am violating DGuller's human rights by mentioning that, as he made me promise not to tell anyone)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Rasputin

Quote from: Berkut on August 24, 2015, 03:00:06 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on August 24, 2015, 01:52:39 PM
I am torn...illegal hackers are usually scum, but so are adulterers. :hmm:

I am not even a little bit torn.

If you have a principled respect for individuals right to privacy as a foudnational right, it should not (indeed it CANNOT) only apply to people you like or agree with.

This is yet another litmus test for whether or not people actually believe the bullshit they spout as a matter of course.

If the answer to the question of "Do you think people have the right to not have their private information published by hackers" is "Of course! Unless they are jerks/adulterers/Jews/Muslims/women/languish poster/Berkut" then you do not actually buy into the idea that there is such a thing as a right to privacy in the first place.

what he said
Who is John Galt?

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2015, 12:19:01 PM
It is beautiful when accountants fall in love.

I wouldn't describe what happened that day as love.  :perv: :boff: :pinch: :cry:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Brazen on August 25, 2015, 10:55:31 AM
I don't understand women who attack the single girls their partners slept with rather than just kick said partner to the kerb.

There's a school of thought that says you fight for your man/woman.  It has never had much appeal to me.

Valmy

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2015, 11:07:01 AM
Quote from: Malthus on August 25, 2015, 10:59:34 AM
The selling point is that you are hooking up with someone who is also a cheater and so don't have to worry about them being angry that you have a wife/husband, and who won't make a scene or call up your wife/husband out of jealosy, and won't expect all the stuff that goes with an ordinary-type relationship. The promise is of easy, no-strings, no-consequences cheating sex.

And I am saying there is plenty of competition for that market out there. If you never get a hook you will bail.

But anyway I am not sure what you are pounding on me for still. The M/F ration is 70:30 so there we are.

Apparently, according to the articles above, many of that 30% were either (1) invented by the site, or (2) hookers. So the chances of a 'legitimate' cheating hook-up were pretty slim if you were a guy, due to a relative scarcity of legitimate female cheaters using the site.

Doesn't that prove my point, rather?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

So what if they're invented by the site? A mouth is a mouth.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on August 25, 2015, 12:43:31 PM
Doesn't that prove my point, rather?  :hmm:

Well I conceded from the beginning that you may be right. I was just skeptical.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on August 25, 2015, 12:44:50 PM
So what if they're invented by the site? A mouth is a mouth.

I have no mouth, and I must give blowjobs?

A modern take on the classic Harlan Ellison story?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Have_No_Mouth,_and_I_Must_Scream
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius