News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

I should probably outline my oproposal fully, since as Berkut notes that appears to be my job, not the Coalition's:
(1) Russia returns Warsaw to prussian control
(2) Prussia gets the use of the Parliament card this turn, unless a pressing issue forces Britain to give it away to another power, in which case it becomes Prussia's dibs in turn 3.
(3) Prussia joins the coalition, raises the landwehr, and commences operations against france
(4) Prussia will do its best to get Turkey into the Coalition.

Does Russia agree?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on March 30, 2009, 10:52:28 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 30, 2009, 11:54:31 AM
So we are just waiting on grumbler to declare his camp. Hopefully he will Do The Right Thing.

He has the choice of fighting the french alongside the russians and austrians this turn, or fighting them alone next turn.

Good point. I am sure Russia will Do The Right Thing as well.

Isn't that right viking?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Russia joining the Imperial Camp is much more desirable for France than Prussia joining the Imperial Camp. I will not pay Prussia to do the right thing. Prussia will do the right thing or not. I suggest Prussia find he plunder in Westphalia rather than demanding that Russia give Prussia back the Poles she cannot oppress herself.

Russia will NOT give Prussia Warsaw.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

:bleeding:

Prussia can now make a proposal to the Imperial Camp, if they wish.

Way to go Russia.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Well Viking, you may have just handed Habs the game. You better be prepared to crush the Prussians if they join France.

Del - well, what can I say? Sorry about the impending demolition of your nation.

0 rows returned

Viking

Yada yada yada. Grumblers proposal is in effect "give me everything you can theoretically give me and I'll join you".

As it happened.

Consider Warsaw my price for not doing a Tilsit before the fall of Austrai.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on April 01, 2009, 08:55:31 AM
Yada yada yada. Grumblers proposal is in effect "give me everything you can theoretically give me and I'll join you".

Of course it is - why would he ask for anything less? You don't seem to understand how the process works - you cannot negotiate with him. You cannot say "No, I won't give up Warsaw, join us anyway". He makes an offer, and we accept it or not. If not, he doesn't join. He cannot respond with a new offer.

Water under the bridge.

If he joins the French, you are going to have to crush him though, while we try desperately to keep Austria somewhat solvent. There is a reason Prussia can ask for "everything".

It does create an interesting choice for grumbler though. He can stay neutral, or he can join France. Staying neutral is rather boring though. Joining France pretty much always results in a France win, at least in my experience.

Of course, damn near everything in this game seems to result in France winning, so who really knows?

Anyway, it is on grumbler now...

0 rows returned

grumbler

Thought about this a bit, and will stay neutral during the interphase.  I will also place 4 CUs in Berlin with my 8 CP.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Excellent.  We can move on to deployment, now.

France has Massena go back to Paris to grab 6 CUs and then deploy back to Zurich.

As a reminder, Turkey also builds 2 CUs in its capital with its reinforcement points.

Britain's up to deploy, though the continentals should feel free to post their deployments as well unless they think it might be impacted by someone besides me.

Once deployments are done, we're off to the first impulse, which will be Austria since Britain was the last to play last turn.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Moore and 4 CUs deploy to Cornwall

0 rows returned

Berkut

Gustavus and 2 CUs deploy to Svealand

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Denmark convoys 3 CUs from Copenhagen to Christiania.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Just need Viking and Del's deployment.

Grumbler has one as well, if he wishes to use it, but it isn't necessary to get his before we begin the turn.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Deployment
Bennigsen and 4CU to Vienna

Position
Kutuzov + Bennigsen + 10 CU in Vienna
Bagration + 6 CU in Moravia
1 CU in Moscow
Konstantin + 1 CU in Grodno
2 CU in Kiev
1 CU + 1 Fleet in Sevastopol
1 CU + 2 Fleet in St Petersburg

Delirium

When was the last time anybody did a file? I'm beginning to lose track here. I think I don't need to deploy anything.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan