HAY GUISE! - The Ed Anger Deathwatch Thread

Started by Ed Anger, July 21, 2015, 07:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

They are fairly inscrutable.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 14, 2015, 06:23:41 PM
The racist who introduced himself by telling me he doesn't like Orientals. Thank you for telling me.

Glad to know CdM is doing ok.  :)

Monoriu

I'd like to read the other patients' discharge diaries and figure out who Ed is in their words :contract:

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 14, 2015, 06:23:41 PM
The racist who introduced himself by telling me he doesn't like Orientals. Thank you for telling me.
That reminds me of an Archie Bunker episode. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Larch

celedhring

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Guess who's back, back again
Seedy's back, tell a friend

:cheers:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, but I did have Taco Bell, so it could just have been that.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Fate

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 21, 2015, 08:15:17 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2015, 07:26:27 PM
I thought you didn't drink.

Painkillers tend to do bad things to livers, and I gather he has had plenty.

No, pain killers don't cause cirrhosis, however there are a lot other non-alcoholic causes. Viral (hepatitis B & C), fatty liver, autoimmune, and some very rare genetic syndromes. In the United States fatty liver (basically related to obesity/insulin resistance) will become the most common cause of cirrhosis in the next few decades.

Quote from: DGuller on July 22, 2015, 03:02:13 PM
Where did the fluid come from?  Was your stomach distended when you came in?
The fluid comes from the bloodstream. Basically when you have cirrhosis you can think of your liver like a traffic jam. Very little can get through it, so it all backs up and starts to build up in the belly. Your liver also makes most of the protein in your body. When it's not functioning well you lose the ability to make albumin, which is a protein that acts like a magnet to keep fluid in the blood and out of your belly or legs.

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 27, 2015, 07:33:21 PM
Update:

Almost 100% chance of non alcoholic cirrhosis. Will be going on diaretics as my kidneys didn't shut down. Will be facing a lifetime of low salt foods and occasional draining of my abdomen. My be getting released in a few days to a rehab facility as I'm am currently weak as a dog.

Hopefully you get symptomatic relief of your ascites/swelling with the diuretics.

Did the doctors ever find out the cause through the biopsy and blood tests? Unfortunately there are still idiopathic causes.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 16, 2015, 05:28:01 PM

Meh, just stopping by to take a big wet dump on that failure of a Languish fantasy football league and goof on Ed, who I'm sure has already acquired the rights to his Costa Rican housekeeper's giblets for a future transplant.  With frosted icing. 

Mono hasn't been launched into near earth orbit in an explosion, but the weekend's not over yet.  Out.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2015, 05:46:21 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 16, 2015, 05:28:01 PM

Meh, just stopping by to take a big wet dump on that failure of a Languish fantasy football league and goof on Ed, who I'm sure has already acquired the rights to his Costa Rican housekeeper's giblets for a future transplant.  With frosted icing. 

Mono hasn't been launched into near earth orbit in an explosion, but the weekend's not over yet.  Out.

:lol:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Fate on August 16, 2015, 05:36:52 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on July 21, 2015, 08:15:17 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2015, 07:26:27 PM
I thought you didn't drink.

Painkillers tend to do bad things to livers, and I gather he has had plenty.

No, pain killers don't cause cirrhosis, however there are a lot other non-alcoholic causes. Viral (hepatitis B & C), fatty liver, autoimmune, and some very rare genetic syndromes. In the United States fatty liver (basically related to obesity/insulin resistance) will become the most common cause of cirrhosis in the next few decades.

Quote from: DGuller on July 22, 2015, 03:02:13 PM
Where did the fluid come from?  Was your stomach distended when you came in?
The fluid comes from the bloodstream. Basically when you have cirrhosis you can think of your liver like a traffic jam. Very little can get through it, so it all backs up and starts to build up in the belly. Your liver also makes most of the protein in your body. When it's not functioning well you lose the ability to make albumin, which is a protein that acts like a magnet to keep fluid in the blood and out of your belly or legs.

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 27, 2015, 07:33:21 PM
Update:

Almost 100% chance of non alcoholic cirrhosis. Will be going on diaretics as my kidneys didn't shut down. Will be facing a lifetime of low salt foods and occasional draining of my abdomen. My be getting released in a few days to a rehab facility as I'm am currently weak as a dog.

Hopefully you get symptomatic relief of your ascites/swelling with the diuretics.

Did the doctors ever find out the cause through the biopsy and blood tests? Unfortunately there are still idiopathic causes.

I see the liver Doc tomorrow(wooo! Ambulance ride!) but acoording to the blood work they did here at rehab, my liver functions "improved".

And I'm pissing 10-15 times a day. Lost 15 pounds. Back down below 180.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive