And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: derspiess on August 19, 2015, 02:01:36 PM
What if they don't necessarily want a job?

they they come to Belgium Enough lefties here who'll make sure they get a stipend and a home from the state.  :glare: (ours has to be the most fucked up immigration system of western europe)

Josquius

Quote from: Iormlund on August 19, 2015, 01:55:00 PM
Quote from: Syt on August 17, 2015, 10:23:24 AM
Absolutely agreed.

Also, a proper distribution system within the EU, based on population and economic capabilities must be established.

There's no need for a distribution system. The market can easily do it.

Not so long ago Spain received a crapload of people. Then the crisis hit and the tide was reversed. Why? Because there were no jobs to be had.

Just let the refugees go wherever they please. They will go wherever they can make a living. Problem solved.
Spain also has the advantage of being the first port of call.
Britain isn't so hot either but still people take crazy risks trying to get in...only to be bitterly disappointed.

Refugees need support when they first arrive. You can't expect some random guy who is possibly mentally shaken having been through some horrible shit to jump straight into work.
As said earlier in the thread several times we do need to share out the refugees.
In Europe of course there is free movement. Even if a guy is assigned to Romania he can still try and get a job in Denmark.... but make it so there won't be any help for him there. In Romania meanwhile he has the kind of support governments should be offering to refugees.
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

Quote from: Tyr on August 19, 2015, 02:23:47 PM
Refugees need support when they first arrive. You can't expect some random guy who is possibly mentally shaken having been through some horrible shit to jump straight into work.

And Greece/Spain/Hungary should give them support ... and a ride to wherever they want to go next.

Josquius

Quote from: Iormlund on August 19, 2015, 02:32:18 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 19, 2015, 02:23:47 PM

And Greece/Spain/Hungary should give them support ... and a ride to wherever they want to go next.
Then you've got thousands of unemployable 3rd world beggars on the streets of London.
No thanks.
They should be forced to at least try and give the country they're assigned to a go for a few months unless they can find a job elsewhere.
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

And what exactly are you offering said country in return?

Norgy

Josquius

Quote from: Iormlund on August 19, 2015, 02:37:47 PM
And what exactly are you offering said country in return?
Immigrants to offset their population decline and a bit of economic stimulus.
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

You must be kidding. What kind of stimulus you think an uneducated Somali will provide in a country with 15-25% unemployment?

Josquius

Quote from: Iormlund on August 19, 2015, 03:04:18 PM
You must be kidding. What kind of stimulus you think an uneducated Somali will provide in a country with 15-25% unemployment?
The money he is given to live off.
And the funding that will be put into the various support programmes.

(also unemployment actually tends to be less of a problem in several eastern european countries than in many western european countries. Some areas actually have problems due to the amount of young workers that have gone to seek work in the west.)
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Iormlund

There's a reason why those youngsters have left for the West.

There's absolutely no sane reason to make people spend a year in -- say -- rural Latvia, against their will. It is extremely unlikely that they'll know the local language, and will have no compelling reason to learn it. They will just pick up and resume their journey as soon as possible.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on August 19, 2015, 03:28:26 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 19, 2015, 03:21:21 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 19, 2015, 03:18:26 PM
That doesn't quite make sense.
It's true though.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11454795/Campaign-to-lure-Poles-back-home-amid-fears-of-brain-drain-to-Britain.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/poland-launches-campaign-to-lure-back-migrant-workers-814747.html
http://www.economist.com/blogs/easternapproaches/2013/11/poland-and-eu

Okay, maybe I should have been more clear.  How does giving money to someone pay for the funding of the giving money to someone?
:huh:
It doesn't.

Quote from: Iormlund on August 19, 2015, 03:25:31 PM
There's a reason why those youngsters have left for the West.

There's absolutely no sane reason to make people spend a year in -- say -- rural Latvia, against their will. It is extremely unlikely that they'll know the local language, and will have no compelling reason to learn it. They will just pick up and resume their journey as soon as possible.
Well don't send them to rural Latvia then. Send them to somewhere they stand a chance of actually getting a job and integrating.
As I said in my first post it shouldn't just be some random "Oh, you're a French speaking guy with family in Belgium? Lets send you to Bulgaria." or "Oh, you're an electrician? There's a commune in Poland keen on getting some of those....nah, Hungary it is", as far as possible the situation of migrants and hosts should be taken into account.

If they decide "Screw it, I'm going to Germany" right away despite being treat well and given a chance in Latvia. Then that does sort of give a bit of a clue that they may not be a genuine refugee. There's plenty more who would be willing to work with the programme.
██████
██████
██████