[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on June 24, 2009, 01:49:28 AM
I read the rules. Where can I find the description of what individual locations do? :P

This will go into the public info package I am gathering for you guys:

Galactica:
Admiral's Quarters: Try to send someone to the Brig
Armory: Try to destroy a Centurion boarding party
Command: Activate 2 vipers (launch, move, or attack)
Communications: Look at 2 civilian ships; you may then move them to an adjacent space area if you like
FTL Control: Execute manual jump (may lose Population)
Hangar Deck: (Pilots only) Launch yourself in a viper; then take 1 more action
Research Lab: Draw 1 Engineering or 1 Tactics card
Weapons Control: Fire at a Cylon ship with Galactica

Colonial One:
Administration: Try to elect a new President
President's Office: (President only) Draw 1 Quorum card; then either draw 1 more or play one from your hand
Press Room: Draw 2 Politics cards

Cylon Locations:
Caprica: Play your Super Crisis card OR draw 2 Crisis cards and choose one to play. The chosen crisis does NOT activate Cylon ships or advance the FTL track
Cylon Fleet: Activate all Cylon ships of one type (raider, heavy raider, basestar) OR launch 2 raiders and 1 heavy raider from each basestar
Human Fleet: Steal 1 card from a human player; then attempt to damage Galactica
Resurrection Ship: Discard your Super Crisis card to draw a new one AND/OR give your unrevealed loyalty card to someone else

Tamas

Lo and behold my signature. It will be always kept up to date with what should be visible on the board.

Give me two or three days to come up with a more graphic representation, until that this will have to do.

As you could see on photos, the space around Galactica is divided into 6 zones, 2 on each side, one front, one rear. By my terminology, the front is Zone 1, and it goes clockwise from there, so the rear is Zone 4, upper left is Zone 6.

Couple of rules, rest will come if I discover to be necessary, altough none of you are noobs to online gaming:

-ABSOLUTELY NO PRIVATE DISCUSSIONS IN E-MAILS OR PMs OR CHATS OR WHATEVER. EVER. Open accusations and planning here are allowed and encouraged, especially in-character.
The secrecy rules of the boardgame are in effect 100%.

-I assume a slow going for the first turn since its a new game with no CB module to look at, but once we gain some speed through familiarity, you should try and PM/e-mail me conditional orders regarding your possible cardplay.

-If you combine some discussion and orders in the same post, please make the orders bold so I don't miss or misinterpret it.

-The general order of play for now is how you appear in my signature. I will draw cards for ehrie by how I see fit, and -changing my mind- he will be booted if he does not arrive back when it'll be his turn. In the meantime, everyone interested should apply as reserve for his position.

JacobL

Come on dad!  You and Tigh shoot this base star out of the skies and I will clear out the raiders.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

I hereby start my Presidential Election campaign.  :bowler:

Edit: I found this emoticon. Apparently it represents Baltar

JacobL

Quote from: Martinus on June 24, 2009, 09:49:57 AM
I hereby start my Presidential Election campaign.  :bowler:

Edit: I found this emoticon. Apparently it represents Baltar
No support for you! :grr:

Martinus

So... Gaius Baltar is pretty much this smart, but neurotic and egotistical guy with intense mood swings, who can't decide whether he is an atheist or believes in some divine power, feels like an outsider, does not believe in patriotism or loyalty, and tends to fall in love with wrong people and do stupid things as a result?

Ok... I guess it will be fun playing someone completely different than myself. -_-

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on June 24, 2009, 10:15:20 AM
So... Gaius Baltar is pretty much this smart, but neurotic and egotistical guy with intense mood swings, who can't decide whether he is an atheist or believes in some divine power, feels like an outsider, does not believe in patriotism or loyalty, and tends to fall in love with wrong people and do stupid things as a result?

Ok... I guess it will be fun playing someone completely different than myself. -_-

:lol:

The Colonel drew 2 leadership and 1 tactics card. He will receive the scans when he gets sober and reports for duty.

So we are off! I have drawn Berkut's 5 cards and will be sending to him in a couple of minutes.

Then it is time for his Movement and Action steps.

JacobL

grumbler

Quote from: JacobL on June 24, 2009, 08:01:58 AM
Come on dad!  You and Tigh shoot this base star out of the skies and I will clear out the raiders.
Hey, leave some for me, you greedy bastard!  :mad:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JacobL

Quote from: grumbler on June 24, 2009, 11:33:11 AM
Quote from: JacobL on June 24, 2009, 08:01:58 AM
Hey, leave some for me, you greedy bastard!  :mad:
Then quit hanging around the hanger drinking it up and get out here!

Martinus

Hey Tamas since you are doing the sig thing anyway, could you add who plays whom? I keep getting confused. :P

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on June 24, 2009, 11:40:39 AM
Hey Tamas since you are doing the sig thing anyway, could you add who plays whom? I keep getting confused. :P

Good idea, done.

Tamas

For shit and giggles, here is the starting (current) situation on my table:

yes, the upper left was censored out. Some cards were visible

Habbaku

Tamas, try hosting your picture at a place that doesn't suck.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien