News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

It's Official Spring 2015 Arrives

Started by mongers, February 25, 2015, 07:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

The mild weather has arrived, 60F here today, most plants in the garden are awaking, quite a few are now flowering.

So take it from me, Spring 2015 has arrives, that's as good as 'official'.  :D

What are you doing to be upto this year in the great outdoors/your garden?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

5 degrees and nightly frost does not spring time make. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Temperature: 2 C
Feels Like: -3 C
Precipitation: 5 mm

<_<

Valmy

We had our coldest day of the year yesterday so Spring is taking a left turn in Albuquerque.  On he other hand summer showed up a couple weeks ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

We really had no winter to speak of this year. I think the coldest it was in Warsaw was about -5 C during day and that was just for a couple of weeks. Likewise, hardly any snow.

Paradoxically, lots of people are sick as a result, as it is much easier to catch cold when it is raining and around +5 C than when it is freezing.

This is the second year in a row when we get an extremely mild winter. I guess global warming works psychosomatically - Europe believes in it so we get warmer weather; America does not believe in it, so it gets polar vortices. :P

alfred russel

Some sort of horrific storm is coming in at 2 this afternoon and will wreak havoc on my fair city. Thanks for the curse mongers.  :mad:

On the other hand schools are closed as are most places of work, so thanks mongers.  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grey Fox

Eastern Canada is still a frozen wasteland & will remain so for another month. Western Canada is in full spring mode apparently.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on February 25, 2015, 07:30:30 AM
The mild weather has arrived, 60F here today, most plants in the garden are awaking, quite a few are now flowering.

yes it looks like it, very nice. Too bad it has also given me a huge headache.

viper37

Quote from: mongers on February 25, 2015, 07:30:30 AM

-16C today, forecast -26C for tomorrow.  Not yet spring.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Still frozen wasteland here. Low tonight is -18; with windchill, -26.

Not too many flowers blooming in that.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

No it does not feel like spring here at all.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

I'm sure glad that February only has 28 days in it. I don't know if I could take another few days of frigid cold and snow!!   ;)

Liep

I wish we had frigid cold and snow instead of drizzle and sort of cold.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: Liep on February 25, 2015, 10:56:07 AM
I wish we had frigid cold and snow instead of drizzle and sort of cold.

Not the kind of cold we have had, you don't.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Up to 34 here today.  Supposed to be in the 50s over the weekend so hopefully all this godforsaken snow will melt.  This is the first time since I've moved here that I can recall a persistent snow cover that lasted more than like a day or two.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points