Started by Sheilbh, February 11, 2015, 02:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Like the look of Scott Walker.
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 11, 2015, 02:30:00 PM

I like him too but it's so early yet, since there will be so many changes with these guys. He could wind up being at the bottom of the list after a while, but he seems a tough, savvy and confident politician and he's survived some bruising elections and recall votes in Wisconsin.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 11, 2015, 02:30:00 PM

And to think, I had thought you actually possessed elements of being human.

Are you sure you're English, and not just some goofball Arizona Republican that got on the wrong plane somewhere as an infant?

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2015, 02:46:18 PM
Again, as in I think he looks like a strong candidate for the Republicans.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 11, 2015, 02:49:42 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2015, 02:46:18 PM
Again, as in I think he looks like a strong candidate for the Republicans.

derspiess

I kind of agree with Shielbh.  Walker is about as vetted as you can be and has done some great things (from a GOP perspective) in Wisconsin.  He sure gave those union thugs a what-for.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

What has Walker done that is so evil?  The robot, not the servant of the Empire.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on February 11, 2015, 03:21:04 PM
What has Walker done that is so evil?  The robot, not the servant of the Empire.

He once said the Green Bay Packers were only 'sort of' his favorite team.  Actually never mind he could never have been elected in Wisconsin if he said that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 11, 2015, 03:17:19 PM
I kind of agree with Shielbh.  Walker is about as vetted as you can be and has done some great things (from a GOP perspective) in Wisconsin.

If I were a Democratic strategerist, Scott Walker would be my biggest worry getting any traction.
If I were a Republican strategerist, Jim Webb would be my biggest worry getting any traction. 

QuoteHe sure gave those union thugs a what-for.

:lol:

Razgovory

I have never thought of a teacher as a "thug".  Maybe he means that some of them were black. :hmm:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

The main thing Walker has done is survive. That dude had the kitchen sink thrown at him and he's still around.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2015, 03:32:17 PM
Jim Webb

:wub:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on February 11, 2015, 03:35:39 PM
I have never thought of a teacher as a "thug".

You never met some of my gym teachers.

QuoteMaybe he means that some of them were black

LOL this is Wisconsin we are talking about here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2015, 03:38:42 PM

Mexican, then?  :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2015, 03:38:42 PM

"Thug" has become the term in right wing circles for black person.  For instance President Obama is often described as a "thug".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on February 11, 2015, 05:34:40 PM
"Thug" has become the term in right wing circles for black person.

"Union Thug" is a completely different thing.

QuoteFor instance President Obama is often described as a "thug".

Nah, he's Urkel.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall